Buy Seagate Drives with 5 year Warranty...

Last response: in Storage
Share
May 12, 2005 4:06:40 AM

I've been buying Maxtor drives lately because they have been pretty
cheap after rebates. However, I just had a 300GB drive fail after only
16 months. You guessed it...there's only a %$#&%# one-year warranty on
the drive. I should have looked closer before I bought it!

I replaced it with a Seagate 399GB drive with a full 5 year warranty.
From looking at other manufacturers, both Maxtor and W-D offer
different drives with 1 yr and 3 yr warranties.

I'm sticking to the longest warranty I can get from know on.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 12, 2005 4:06:41 AM

That's why I bought my Seagate. I have about 100 systems that I service in
my area and Maxtors are going dead after about 2-3 years. They changed their
warrantees about 2 years ago, and because of their failure rates, I started
buying Seagates. I highly recommend them.
Joe

!