Buy Seagate Drives with 5 year Warranty...

I've been buying Maxtor drives lately because they have been pretty
cheap after rebates. However, I just had a 300GB drive fail after only
16 months. You guessed it...there's only a %$#&%# one-year warranty on
the drive. I should have looked closer before I bought it!

I replaced it with a Seagate 399GB drive with a full 5 year warranty.
From looking at other manufacturers, both Maxtor and W-D offer
different drives with 1 yr and 3 yr warranties.

I'm sticking to the longest warranty I can get from know on.
1 answer Last reply
More about seagate drives year warranty

    That's why I bought my Seagate. I have about 100 systems that I service in
    my area and Maxtors are going dead after about 2-3 years. They changed their
    warrantees about 2 years ago, and because of their failure rates, I started
    buying Seagates. I highly recommend them.
    Joe
    "none" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > I've been buying Maxtor drives lately because they have been pretty cheap
    > after rebates. However, I just had a 300GB drive fail after only 16
    > months. You guessed it...there's only a %$#&%# one-year warranty on the
    > drive. I should have looked closer before I bought it!
    >
    > I replaced it with a Seagate 399GB drive with a full 5 year warranty. From
    > looking at other manufacturers, both Maxtor and W-D offer different drives
    > with 1 yr and 3 yr warranties.
    >
    > I'm sticking to the longest warranty I can get from know on.

Maxtor Seagate Storage