audio but no video

When I try to play a video all I get is the audio portion
with no video. I upgraded to win media 10 but problem
still persists?

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Reinstall latest versiona of:

* your graphics card drivers
* DirectX runtime (full download; not webinstall)

and if these do not work, try installing Windows Media Encoder too.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

"blue diamond 3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to play a video all I get is the audio portion
> with no video. I upgraded to win media 10 but problem
> still persists?

I have the exact same problem. I tried both suggestions
but still have a dark screen where the video should be.
Any other ideas?

Jim

wrote in message
>> When I try to play a video all I get is the audio
portion
>> with no video. I upgraded to win media 10 but problem
>> still persists?
>

>.

"blue diamond 3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to play a video all I get is the audio portion
> with no video. I upgraded to win media 10 but problem
> still persists?

You (and JimCougar) are just missing the codec required to display the
video. Download and
install the ffdshow codec from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/ Which ever media player you
decide to use will automatically locate and use this codec the next time
you try to play that video file.

--
Ian.