AVI has no video

I have an AVI file where the audio is crystal clear. However, there is no
video. I've tried WMP, and a divx player, but same thing. My pc is running
Windows XP Pro.

Any thoughts on how to get the video?

thx
4 answers Last reply
More about video

    "Anna" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
    > I have an AVI file where the audio is crystal clear. However, there is
    no
    > video. I've tried WMP, and a divx player, but same thing. My pc is
    running
    > Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Any thoughts on how to get the video?

    You're just missing the codec required to display the video. Download and
    install the ffdshow codec from here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/ Which ever media player you
    decide to use will automatically locate and use this codec the next time
    you try to play that video file.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    There are many codecs out there that may have been used, u will just have to
    find the right one. If divxplayer does not work then try DVDX, search for it
    on the net

    "Anna" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
    > I have an AVI file where the audio is crystal clear. However, there is no
    > video. I've tried WMP, and a divx player, but same thing. My pc is
    running
    > Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Any thoughts on how to get the video?
    >
    > thx

    Thanks very much, this worked like a charm.

    Anna wrote:
    > I have an AVI file where the audio is crystal clear. However, there is no
    > video. I've tried WMP, and a divx player, but same thing. My pc is running
    > Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Any thoughts on how to get the video?
    >
    > thx

    Google for a free utility called Gspot (no, I am not making that up!).
    It queries the video file and tells you what codec it uses.

Video AVI Windows XP