video commpression codec file drivers missing

I'm having the same Code error message and have determined it is a codec file
problem.
I downloaded Gspot and annalyzed one of the picture files i had and it gave
me this mesage
That I have the codecs -

The following codecs should both capable of processing this format:

--> {AVI Draw}
--> {MJPEG Decompressor}

Nonetheless, DirectShow is apparently NOT able to play this file. (see
"DirectShow Render", below). No further information is available concerning
the apparent discrepancy

I checked in my contraol panel under video codecs, i have a great lot of
them BUT - for each one it says that the driver is missing. how do i
re-install the drivers and solve the problem so that I can once again watch
my Avi files?

example - 3ivx codec driver. driver file may be missing

--
-Sarice
6 answers Last reply

    Did you rename the codecs or removed them somehow ? If so undo that action
    if you can. May be you can use System Restore to go back in time when all
    was good and dandy?

    Otherwise reinstall (no need to uninstall first) the following:

    SP2
    DirectX runtime
    Graphics card drivers
    Windows Media Encoder

    Hope it helps.
    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    "Sarice" <Sarice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having the same Code error message and have determined it is a codec
    > file
    > problem.
    > I downloaded Gspot and annalyzed one of the picture files i had and it
    > gave
    > me this mesage
    > That I have the codecs -
    >
    > The following codecs should both capable of processing this format:
    >
    > --> {AVI Draw}
    > --> {MJPEG Decompressor}
    >
    > Nonetheless, DirectShow is apparently NOT able to play this file. (see
    > "DirectShow Render", below). No further information is available
    > concerning
    > the apparent discrepancy
    >
    > I checked in my contraol panel under video codecs, i have a great lot of
    > them BUT - for each one it says that the driver is missing. how do i
    > re-install the drivers and solve the problem so that I can once again
    > watch
    > my Avi files?
    >
    > example - 3ivx codec driver. driver file may be missing
    >

    > --
    > -Sarice

    didn't windows 95 intro'd avi's?

    I tried the system restore, but the problem happened too long ago before I
    noticed that I deleted something I needed and so it couldn't fix it. I did
    get my Home Camera AVI files back with the Directx download, and also
    Downloaded Gspot so if I have problems with other files I guess I can just
    run the program and see what Codex i need and run it from there - which is
    probably the better solution.
    Shouldn't the Windows media encoder be a part of Media player?

    "Rehan" wrote:

    > Did you rename the codecs or removed them somehow ? If so undo that action
    > if you can. May be you can use System Restore to go back in time when all
    > was good and dandy?
    >
    > Otherwise reinstall (no need to uninstall first) the following:
    >
    > SP2
    > DirectX runtime
    > Graphics card drivers
    > Windows Media Encoder
    >

    > Hope it helps.
    > --
    > Rehan
    > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
    >

    > "Sarice" <Sarice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm having the same Code error message and have determined it is a codec
    > > file
    > > problem.
    > > I downloaded Gspot and annalyzed one of the picture files i had and it
    > > gave
    > > me this mesage
    > > That I have the codecs -
    > >
    > > The following codecs should both capable of processing this format:
    > >
    > > --> {AVI Draw}
    > > --> {MJPEG Decompressor}
    > >
    > > Nonetheless, DirectShow is apparently NOT able to play this file. (see
    > > "DirectShow Render", below). No further information is available
    > > concerning
    > > the apparent discrepancy
    > >
    > > I checked in my contraol panel under video codecs, i have a great lot of
    > > them BUT - for each one it says that the driver is missing. how do i
    > > re-install the drivers and solve the problem so that I can once again
    > > watch
    > > my Avi files?
    > >
    > > example - 3ivx codec driver. driver file may be missing
    > >

    > > --
    > > -Sarice

    > Shouldn't the Windows media encoder be a part of Media player?

    It is a seperate download from Microsoft. It has been reported that
    installing it fixes quite a few issues as a pleasant side effect.

    --

    >I tried the system restore, but the problem happened too long ago before I
    > noticed that I deleted something I needed and so it couldn't fix it. I
    > did
    > get my Home Camera AVI files back with the Directx download, and also
    > Downloaded Gspot so if I have problems with other files I guess I can just
    > run the program and see what Codex i need and run it from there - which is
    > probably the better solution.
    > Shouldn't the Windows media encoder be a part of Media player?
    >

    > "Rehan" wrote:
    >
    >> Did you rename the codecs or removed them somehow ? If so undo that
    >> action
    >> if you can. May be you can use System Restore to go back in time when all
    >> was good and dandy?
    >>
    >> Otherwise reinstall (no need to uninstall first) the following:
    >>
    >> SP2
    >> DirectX runtime
    >> Graphics card drivers
    >> Windows Media Encoder
    >>

    >> Hope it helps.
    >> --
    >> Rehan
    >> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
    >>

    >> "Sarice" <Sarice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > I'm having the same Code error message and have determined it is a
    >> > codec
    >> > file
    >> > problem.
    >> > I downloaded Gspot and annalyzed one of the picture files i had and it
    >> > gave
    >> > me this mesage
    >> > That I have the codecs -
    >> >
    >> > The following codecs should both capable of processing this format:
    >> >
    >> > --> {AVI Draw}
    >> > --> {MJPEG Decompressor}
    >> >
    >> > Nonetheless, DirectShow is apparently NOT able to play this file. (see
    >> > "DirectShow Render", below). No further information is available
    >> > concerning
    >> > the apparent discrepancy
    >> >
    >> > I checked in my contraol panel under video codecs, i have a great lot
    >> > of
    >> > them BUT - for each one it says that the driver is missing. how do i
    >> > re-install the drivers and solve the problem so that I can once again
    >> > watch
    >> > my Avi files?
    >> >
    >> > example - 3ivx codec driver. driver file may be missing
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > -Sarice

    rehan i read some problems that you solved or respond I'm having a proble
    with the codec the messa i get is Widdows media players connot play the file
    the players might not support the file or might not support the codect that
    was used to complress the file? What can i do please help

    "Rehan" wrote:

    > > Shouldn't the Windows media encoder be a part of Media player?
    >
    > It is a seperate download from Microsoft. It has been reported that
    > installing it fixes quite a few issues as a pleasant side effect.
    >
    > --
    > Rehan
    > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
    >

    > "Sarice" <Sarice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I tried the system restore, but the problem happened too long ago before I
    > > noticed that I deleted something I needed and so it couldn't fix it. I
    > > did
    > > get my Home Camera AVI files back with the Directx download, and also
    > > Downloaded Gspot so if I have problems with other files I guess I can just
    > > run the program and see what Codex i need and run it from there - which is
    > > probably the better solution.
    > > Shouldn't the Windows media encoder be a part of Media player?
    > >

    > > "Rehan" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Did you rename the codecs or removed them somehow ? If so undo that
    > >> action
    > >> if you can. May be you can use System Restore to go back in time when all
    > >> was good and dandy?
    > >>
    > >> Otherwise reinstall (no need to uninstall first) the following:
    > >>
    > >> SP2
    > >> DirectX runtime
    > >> Graphics card drivers
    > >> Windows Media Encoder
    > >>

    > >> Hope it helps.
    > >> --
    > >> Rehan
    > >> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
    > >>

    > >> "Sarice" <Sarice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    What is the file extension of the file you want to play?
    www.coribright.com

    "Reina" <Renalixys@msn.com> wrote in message
    > rehan i read some problems that you solved or respond I'm having a proble
    > with the codec the messa i get is Widdows media players connot play the
    > file
    > the players might not support the file or might not support the codect
    > that
    > was used to complress the file? What can i do please help

Video Codec Windows XP