New Dell; have XP, new nVidia card - can't see Start

I have a new Dell Dimension 4600 which came with Exreme
Intel Graphics 2 (it's 2.8 gHz, Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM).
Then I installed nVideo GeForce 2 MV400. So, I boot up
the computer and it looks great, EXCEPT I have no Start
button or status bar. Just Desktop icons. I tried to
initialize Sims 2, my favorite game of the moment, and I
have sound but no picture or graphics or ANYTHING. What
do I need to do to get this to work right? Whoever can
answer gets my first born... ;-)

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Does your keyboard have a "Windows" key ? It is the key between Ctrl and
Alt. Press it once to make the Start menu appear any time.

It is possible that your taskbar is set to Autohide. Which can be disabled
by right click on the task bar or Start menu (obtianed from Windows key) and
selecting Properties.

Another possibility is that you have "resized" the task bar to zero
height... Its annoying that it does allow it... Anyway in that case The
Start menu would appear from the the "Top-left" corner when you press
Windows key once. If it is the case then move your cursor to the bottom edge
of the screen. it should now change to a up down "resize" cursor. Drag and
move up to bring the task bar back to a visble size.

hope it helps.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker