Movie Maker project Save as DV-AVI

Glenn

Hi,

I'm trying to convert my Movie Maker slid show to media I can play on a
DVD player. I realize I need to convert an .avi format to MPEG1 or MPEG2.
When I attempt to save my Project as a DV-AVI this option does not appear in
the drop down box, just the MM format. How to I save my project as a DV-AVI
(or .avi) so that I can convert to MPEG. When I attempt to save my project
on a CD, Movie Maker tells me it can't find a recordable device even though
I have both a CD and DVD burner in my machine.

Also, because I'm displaying still pictiures only will I get better quality
images using VCD or and SVCD format instead of MPEG?

Thanks very much for your help.

Glenn.

Do you have MovieMaker 2 (included in SP2)...... if you do, you do NOT save
the Project but choose Save to My Computer..... and then you check the box
"Other Options".... then DV-AVI will be shown.

www.coribright.com

"Glenn" <tdg@tdg.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to convert my Movie Maker slid show to media I can play on a
> DVD player. I realize I need to convert an .avi format to MPEG1 or MPEG2.
> When I attempt to save my Project as a DV-AVI this option does not appear
> in
> the drop down box, just the MM format. How to I save my project as a
> DV-AVI
> (or .avi) so that I can convert to MPEG. When I attempt to save my
> project
> on a CD, Movie Maker tells me it can't find a recordable device even
> though
> I have both a CD and DVD burner in my machine.
>
> Also, because I'm displaying still pictiures only will I get better
> quality
> images using VCD or and SVCD format instead of MPEG?
>
> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Glenn.

Glenn

That's got it. Thank you!

Glenn

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Do you have MovieMaker 2 (included in SP2)...... if you do, you do NOT save
> the Project but choose Save to My Computer..... and then you check the box
> "Other Options".... then DV-AVI will be shown.
>

> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Glenn" <tdg@tdg.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to convert my Movie Maker slid show to media I can play on a
> > DVD player. I realize I need to convert an .avi format to MPEG1 or MPEG2.
> > When I attempt to save my Project as a DV-AVI this option does not appear
> > in
> > the drop down box, just the MM format. How to I save my project as a
> > DV-AVI
> > (or .avi) so that I can convert to MPEG. When I attempt to save my
> > project
> > on a CD, Movie Maker tells me it can't find a recordable device even
> > though
> > I have both a CD and DVD burner in my machine.
> >
> > Also, because I'm displaying still pictiures only will I get better
> > quality
> > images using VCD or and SVCD format instead of MPEG?
> >
> > Thanks very much for your help.
> >
> > Glenn.

follow up to the previous. Can I save several short movies onto one DVD, or
would I be better off splicing them together into one long movie? Will hte
movie I make onto a DVD from my computer be playable in a DVD player attached
to my TV?

thanks,