Movie Maker project Save as DV-AVI

Hi,

I'm trying to convert my Movie Maker slid show to media I can play on a
DVD player. I realize I need to convert an .avi format to MPEG1 or MPEG2.
When I attempt to save my Project as a DV-AVI this option does not appear in
the drop down box, just the MM format. How to I save my project as a DV-AVI
(or .avi) so that I can convert to MPEG. When I attempt to save my project
on a CD, Movie Maker tells me it can't find a recordable device even though
I have both a CD and DVD burner in my machine.

Also, because I'm displaying still pictiures only will I get better quality
images using VCD or and SVCD format instead of MPEG?

Thanks very much for your help.

Glenn.
3 answers Last reply
More about movie maker project save

    Do you have MovieMaker 2 (included in SP2)...... if you do, you do NOT save
    the Project but choose Save to My Computer..... and then you check the box
    "Other Options".... then DV-AVI will be shown.

    www.coribright.com

    "Glenn" <tdg@tdg.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to convert my Movie Maker slid show to media I can play on a
    > DVD player. I realize I need to convert an .avi format to MPEG1 or MPEG2.
    > When I attempt to save my Project as a DV-AVI this option does not appear
    > in
    > the drop down box, just the MM format. How to I save my project as a
    > DV-AVI
    > (or .avi) so that I can convert to MPEG. When I attempt to save my
    > project
    > on a CD, Movie Maker tells me it can't find a recordable device even
    > though
    > I have both a CD and DVD burner in my machine.
    >
    > Also, because I'm displaying still pictiures only will I get better
    > quality
    > images using VCD or and SVCD format instead of MPEG?
    >
    > Thanks very much for your help.
    >
    > Glenn.

    That's got it. Thank you!

    Glenn

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Do you have MovieMaker 2 (included in SP2)...... if you do, you do NOT save
    > the Project but choose Save to My Computer..... and then you check the box
    > "Other Options".... then DV-AVI will be shown.
    >

    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Glenn" <tdg@tdg.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to convert my Movie Maker slid show to media I can play on a
    > > DVD player. I realize I need to convert an .avi format to MPEG1 or MPEG2.
    > > When I attempt to save my Project as a DV-AVI this option does not appear
    > > in
    > > the drop down box, just the MM format. How to I save my project as a
    > > DV-AVI
    > > (or .avi) so that I can convert to MPEG. When I attempt to save my
    > > project
    > > on a CD, Movie Maker tells me it can't find a recordable device even
    > > though
    > > I have both a CD and DVD burner in my machine.
    > >
    > > Also, because I'm displaying still pictiures only will I get better
    > > quality
    > > images using VCD or and SVCD format instead of MPEG?
    > >
    > > Thanks very much for your help.
    > >
    > > Glenn.

    follow up to the previous. Can I save several short movies onto one DVD, or
    would I be better off splicing them together into one long movie? Will hte
    movie I make onto a DVD from my computer be playable in a DVD player attached
    to my TV?

    thanks,

    "Glenn" wrote:

    > That's got it. Thank you!
    >
    > Glenn
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > Do you have MovieMaker 2 (included in SP2)...... if you do, you do NOT save
    > > the Project but choose Save to My Computer..... and then you check the box
    > > "Other Options".... then DV-AVI will be shown.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > > www.coribright.com
    > >
    > > "Glenn" <tdg@tdg.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I'm trying to convert my Movie Maker slid show to media I can play on a
    > > > DVD player. I realize I need to convert an .avi format to MPEG1 or MPEG2.
    > > > When I attempt to save my Project as a DV-AVI this option does not appear
    > > > in
    > > > the drop down box, just the MM format. How to I save my project as a
    > > > DV-AVI
    > > > (or .avi) so that I can convert to MPEG. When I attempt to save my
    > > > project
    > > > on a CD, Movie Maker tells me it can't find a recordable device even
    > > > though
    > > > I have both a CD and DVD burner in my machine.
    > > >
    > > > Also, because I'm displaying still pictiures only will I get better
    > > > quality
    > > > images using VCD or and SVCD format instead of MPEG?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks very much for your help.
    > > >
    > > > Glenn.

Video AVI Movie Maker Windows XP