Self Powered USB2 or 1394 HDD Enclosures ?

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
May 17, 2005 6:43:40 AM

Hi,

I know that Wiebetech make external hard disks that are powered via the USB
or Firewire cables.

Are there any IDE or SATA disk enclosures I can buy that are also powered
through the data cable? (i..e to put my own hard disks in)

Cheers,

Fred.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 17, 2005 4:24:27 PM

Fred Finisterre <finisterre@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I know that Wiebetech make external hard disks
> that are powered via the USB or Firewire cables.

> Are there any IDE or SATA disk enclosures I can buy that are also
> powered through the data cable? (i..e to put my own hard disks in)

That is feasible with a laptop IDE drive, but not with
SATA, it has a separate power cable to the data cable.
!