Limited connectivity with web page authentication

I've seen this several times now on several computers using SP2. When they
connect to public network that requires the user to sign in on a web page
to use the network, the network card gets an IP address but no browsers will
work. Essentially, they can't get past the proxy. It doesn't matter if it is
wireless or wired and it seem to only happen in SP2. Anyone else seeing
this?
1 answer Last reply
More about limited connectivity page authentication

    Yes. I do tech support for just such a network, the only sollution is to
    use a mozzila browser, or I suppose any non-IE browser. This is an IE
    issue and SP2. what happens is that no matter what XP SP2 won't let you
    set the IE security settings bellow a certaint level. I forget exactly
    which, I believe medium-low is too low even for SP2. It will also on
    SOME installs to give the impression that it actually DID reset the
    security level when it didn't.. What are most providers & users doing
    about it? Either throw SP2 away or using firefox. check out

    --
    ozzybud

Wireless Authentication Limited Connectivity Wireless Networking