Fdisk/ External USB drive

Last response: in Storage
Share
May 21, 2005 6:44:30 PM

Will Fdisk see an external USB drive's partition?

Jeff
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 21, 2005 6:44:31 PM

Who cares if FDISK sees an external USB drive partition?

If you want to repartition / partition / format an external USB drive
all you have to do is attach the device to a working PC, go to Disk
Management in Computer Management and prepare your partition/s and
format from that utility.
May 21, 2005 7:07:52 PM

"modiftek" <turbo27685@aol.com> wrote in message
> Who cares if FDISK sees an external USB drive partition?
>
> If you want to repartition / partition / format an external USB drive
> all you have to do is attach the device to a working PC, go to Disk
> Management in Computer Management and prepare your partition/s and
> format from that utility.

Got it..thnx

Jeff

a b G Storage
December 14, 2010 1:43:12 PM

I have an external USB hard drive that had a laptop cloned to it. Now it will not delete the recovery partition. Can format the primary partition fine but no options for formatting the recovery partition.

Any suggestions other than a 3rd party partition tool (partition magic, gparted etc)
a b G Storage
December 15, 2010 9:27:07 PM

Quote:
I have an external USB hard drive that had a laptop cloned to it. Now it will not delete the recovery partition. Can format the primary partition fine but no options for formatting the recovery partition.

Any suggestions other than a 3rd party partition tool (partition magic, gparted etc)

You can restore the whole drive to factory clean state. But, it will involve using a third party app, pretty easy though.
If interested, look up Killdisk. That baby will low-level format anything.
!