burning .iso image to dvd

October 7, 2004 2:07:47 AM

winxp pro sp1 ... recent toshiba laptop with cd/dvd rw drive

what's the best commercial software for burning a full .iso image file (
4,042,638 kb) to a dvd disc ?

what's the best free software ?

More about : burning iso image dvd

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 8:48:45 AM

"John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message
> winxp pro sp1 ... recent toshiba laptop with cd/dvd rw drive
>
> what's the best commercial software for burning a full .iso image file (
> 4,042,638 kb) to a dvd disc ?
>
> what's the best free software ?

I use DVD Decrypter (freeware) to burn ISO images to DVD-R:
http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Here is how to do it:
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvd...

--
Ian.
Anonymous

Hi Ian, and thanks for the response.

That website talks about video. What I am trying to burn to a DVD is giant
..ISO file containing a collection of e-books.

Is there any difference between this and burning a video?

Or, as long as the source is a giant .ISO file , it doesn't matter ... ?

"Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message
> > winxp pro sp1 ... recent toshiba laptop with cd/dvd rw drive
> >
> > what's the best commercial software for burning a full .iso image file (
> > 4,042,638 kb) to a dvd disc ?
> >
> > what's the best free software ?
> >

> I use DVD Decrypter (freeware) to burn ISO images to DVD-R:
> http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
>
> Here is how to do it:
> http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvd...
>
> --
> Ian.

October 7, 2004 6:01:47 PM

I use Roxio...... open Classic Creator and from the Toolbar, select File,
Burn Disk from Image File. A 'giant ISO' works just beautifully for backing
up data.
www.coribright.com

"John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message
news:o jGL9iJrEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi Ian, and thanks for the response.
>
> That website talks about video. What I am trying to burn to a DVD is
> giant
> .ISO file containing a collection of e-books.
>
> Is there any difference between this and burning a video?
>
> Or, as long as the source is a giant .ISO file , it doesn't matter ... ?
>

> "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message
>> > winxp pro sp1 ... recent toshiba laptop with cd/dvd rw drive
>> >
>> > what's the best commercial software for burning a full .iso image file
>> > (
>> > 4,042,638 kb) to a dvd disc ?
>> >
>> > what's the best free software ?
>> >

>> I use DVD Decrypter (freeware) to burn ISO images to DVD-R:
>> http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
>>
>> Here is how to do it:
>> http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvd...
>>
>> --
>> Ian.

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 6:31:01 PM

There isn't any trial or demo version of Roxio, is there ?

news:o fJVkDLrEHA.2964@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> I use Roxio...... open Classic Creator and from the Toolbar, select File,
> Burn Disk from Image File. A 'giant ISO' works just beautifully for
backing
> up data.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message
> news:o jGL9iJrEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Ian, and thanks for the response.
> >
> > That website talks about video. What I am trying to burn to a DVD is
> > giant
> > .ISO file containing a collection of e-books.
> >
> > Is there any difference between this and burning a video?
> >
> > Or, as long as the source is a giant .ISO file , it doesn't matter ... ?
> >

> > "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
> >> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message

> >> I use DVD Decrypter (freeware) to burn ISO images to DVD-R:
> >> http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
> >>
> >> Here is how to do it:
> >> http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvd...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ian.

Anonymous
October 14, 2004 3:29:04 PM

Use Nero 6 ( I think they have demo version)

!