burning .iso image to dvd

winxp pro sp1 ... recent toshiba laptop with cd/dvd rw drive

what's the best commercial software for burning a full .iso image file (
4,042,638 kb) to a dvd disc ?

what's the best free software ?
5 answers Last reply
More about burning image

    "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message
    > winxp pro sp1 ... recent toshiba laptop with cd/dvd rw drive
    >
    > what's the best commercial software for burning a full .iso image file (
    > 4,042,638 kb) to a dvd disc ?
    >
    > what's the best free software ?

    I use DVD Decrypter (freeware) to burn ISO images to DVD-R:
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

    Here is how to do it:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr_page_3.cfm

    --
    Ian.

    Hi Ian, and thanks for the response.

    That website talks about video. What I am trying to burn to a DVD is giant
    ..ISO file containing a collection of e-books.

    Is there any difference between this and burning a video?

    Or, as long as the source is a giant .ISO file , it doesn't matter ... ?

    "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message
    > > winxp pro sp1 ... recent toshiba laptop with cd/dvd rw drive
    > >
    > > what's the best commercial software for burning a full .iso image file (
    > > 4,042,638 kb) to a dvd disc ?
    > >
    > > what's the best free software ?
    > >

    > I use DVD Decrypter (freeware) to burn ISO images to DVD-R:
    > http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
    >
    > Here is how to do it:
    > http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr_page_3.cfm
    >
    > --
    > Ian.

    I use Roxio...... open Classic Creator and from the Toolbar, select File,
    Burn Disk from Image File. A 'giant ISO' works just beautifully for backing
    up data.
    www.coribright.com

    > Hi Ian, and thanks for the response.
    >
    > That website talks about video. What I am trying to burn to a DVD is
    > giant
    > .ISO file containing a collection of e-books.
    >
    > Is there any difference between this and burning a video?
    >
    > Or, as long as the source is a giant .ISO file , it doesn't matter ... ?
    >

    > "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message
    >> > winxp pro sp1 ... recent toshiba laptop with cd/dvd rw drive
    >> >
    >> > what's the best commercial software for burning a full .iso image file
    >> > (
    >> > 4,042,638 kb) to a dvd disc ?
    >> >
    >> > what's the best free software ?
    >> >

    >> I use DVD Decrypter (freeware) to burn ISO images to DVD-R:
    >> http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
    >>
    >> Here is how to do it:
    >> http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr_page_3.cfm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ian.

    There isn't any trial or demo version of Roxio, is there ?

    > I use Roxio...... open Classic Creator and from the Toolbar, select File,
    > Burn Disk from Image File. A 'giant ISO' works just beautifully for
    backing
    > up data.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Ian, and thanks for the response.
    > >
    > > That website talks about video. What I am trying to burn to a DVD is
    > > giant
    > > .ISO file containing a collection of e-books.
    > >
    > > Is there any difference between this and burning a video?
    > >
    > > Or, as long as the source is a giant .ISO file , it doesn't matter ... ?
    > >

    > > "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > >> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message

    > >> I use DVD Decrypter (freeware) to burn ISO images to DVD-R:
    > >> http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
    > >>
    > >> Here is how to do it:
    > >> http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr_page_3.cfm
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ian.

    Use Nero 6 ( I think they have demo version)

    "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote in message
    > winxp pro sp1 ... recent toshiba laptop with cd/dvd rw drive
    >
    > what's the best commercial software for burning a full .iso image file (
    > 4,042,638 kb) to a dvd disc ?
    >
    > what's the best free software ?

Video Burner ISO Software Windows XP