Service Pack 2/Media Edition problem

Since downloading and installing Service Pack 2, the ICON
for the Media Center is now a red circle with an
exclamation mark, I get no picture on the t.v. function,
and if I click on a show on the program guide, the
computer shuts down. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about service pack media edition problem

    Look for upgraded software for your TV card or whatever your using.
    peter
    "John" <trapper914@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Since downloading and installing Service Pack 2, the ICON
    > for the Media Center is now a red circle with an
    > exclamation mark, I get no picture on the t.v. function,
    > and if I click on a show on the program guide, the
    > computer shuts down. Any ideas?

    Do you know where we could find these upgrades? I have had the same problem.
    Yet, I do like the new scrolling look for the media center main menu.

    Brian

    "peter" wrote:

    > Look for upgraded software for your TV card or whatever your using.
    > peter
    > "John" <trapper914@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Since downloading and installing Service Pack 2, the ICON
    > > for the Media Center is now a red circle with an
    > > exclamation mark, I get no picture on the t.v. function,
    > > and if I click on a show on the program guide, the
    > > computer shuts down. Any ideas?

Video Microsoft Windows XP