Inserting " Date stamp" from DV capture

Is there a way to get Windows movie maker, Ulead Video studio 8 or
Intervideo Windvd creator or something within a similar price range to
automatically insert date stamp from DV camera input via firewire?

I have searched the usenet and only found 3rd party software (However
cheap!) that will insert a date stamp during a "rendering process" but I
really only want to process the footage once, then author as a DVD and burn
to allow the disc to be shared amongst family & friends via "Standalone" DVD
players.

I know I could capture from the dv camera by Analogue / svideo but seeing
the date / time info exists in the DV stream I would imagine it would be
easily inserted into an edited video. The ultimate would be to have control
over position, and transparency of the stamp, like what can be done with
text "title" inserts. I know I could also manually insert a title "Date" at
each new storyboard but this would be very time consuming, especially as
many days of family movies are recorded across one dv tape.

Lots of Usenet posts say the date stamp is a hindrance to quality but after
transferring approx 24 hrs of VHS to mpeg via capture card the date stamp is
a very useful reference for dating recordings especially footage of children
growing up and dates of special family events.

A friend has Vegas Video 4 and an option does not exist in this expensive
software to allow date stamp to be inserted, other than manually as
mentioned above.(Not that I could find anything like that in the complicated
menu format of Vegas) so I guess this is not a feature of only the "High
end" video editing packages.

Maybe something like inserting the date / time information as a "caption"
that shows up when captions are turned on via DVD remote?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!..

Thanks in advance!

Gary..............

see your post in moviemaker newsgroup

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"Gary Slater" <gka.-pls remove.-@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get Windows movie maker, Ulead Video studio 8 or
> Intervideo Windvd creator or something within a similar price range to
> automatically insert date stamp from DV camera input via firewire?
>
> I have searched the usenet and only found 3rd party software (However
> cheap!) that will insert a date stamp during a "rendering process" but I
> really only want to process the footage once, then author as a DVD and
burn
> to allow the disc to be shared amongst family & friends via "Standalone"
DVD
> players.
>
> I know I could capture from the dv camera by Analogue / svideo but seeing
> the date / time info exists in the DV stream I would imagine it would be
> easily inserted into an edited video. The ultimate would be to have
control
> over position, and transparency of the stamp, like what can be done with
> text "title" inserts. I know I could also manually insert a title "Date"
at
> each new storyboard but this would be very time consuming, especially as
> many days of family movies are recorded across one dv tape.
>
> Lots of Usenet posts say the date stamp is a hindrance to quality but
after
> transferring approx 24 hrs of VHS to mpeg via capture card the date stamp
is
> a very useful reference for dating recordings especially footage of
children
> growing up and dates of special family events.
>
> A friend has Vegas Video 4 and an option does not exist in this expensive
> software to allow date stamp to be inserted, other than manually as
> mentioned above.(Not that I could find anything like that in the
complicated
> menu format of Vegas) so I guess this is not a feature of only the "High
> end" video editing packages.
>
> Maybe something like inserting the date / time information as a "caption"
> that shows up when captions are turned on via DVD remote?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!..
>
> Thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS