recording back on to dv cam ?

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

hi people,
when recording my movie back on to my dv camcorder via firewire there are
short stutters in picture and sound ( 3 in a 12 min movie ) a kind of drop
out. I have down loaded the movie on to a cd which works perfect. can any one
enlighten me where I have gone wrong.
--
cheers colin

Ensure you have as little running in the background as possible on the PC.
This may include closing your antivirus software (TEMPORARILY!), then once
you start the export, walk away from the PC, don't surf, check email etc
etc. It's a very CPU intensive process and for the best results the PC
needs to have as much as it can dedicated to the task in question.
www.coribright.com

"colin" <colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi people,
> when recording my movie back on to my dv camcorder via firewire there are
> short stutters in picture and sound ( 3 in a 12 min movie ) a kind of drop
> out. I have down loaded the movie on to a cd which works perfect. can any
> one
> enlighten me where I have gone wrong.
> --
> cheers colin

Hello there,

Recording to a CD is not time dependent regarding the video quality...it is
dependent regarding the file quality...but thats not your issue.

Sending a video back to the camera IS time dependent...any failure to deliver
the next block of data will cause as you rightly call it, a drop out. To solve
this issue take a look at my website for movie maker FAQ in particular SPEED.
You may also find reading from end to end the FAQ on disk drives..

Good Luck !

--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

I too am experiencing skips in my movie when I export it to Camdorder. It
plays just fine on my PC but exporting it to my Sony Camcorder is giving me
fits. After it is recorded to the Camcorder, when I play it back (on the
camcorder) it skips. Besides turning off all programs running and disabling
anti-virus, someone suggested using a free utility called WinDV (I think). I
downloaded it but it is not clear to me how to use this untility. Any offers
of help would be welcomed.