Utility to copy "in use" file

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

Hello,

Is there a utility that I can use to copy "in use" files in Windows XP?

There must be some file-by-file backup program that can do this.

xxcopy and Lxcopy do not work for me.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

fisher

On 24 May 2005 12:38:21 -0700, dbs2000@gmail.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is there a utility that I can use to copy "in use" files in Windows XP?
>
>There must be some file-by-file backup program that can do this.
>
>xxcopy and Lxcopy do not work for me.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Tom

Boot into Safe mode then copy the file.

peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

> Is there a utility that I can use to copy "in use" files in Windows XP?
>
> There must be some file-by-file backup program that can do this.
>
> xxcopy and Lxcopy do not work for me.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe

<dbs2000@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Is there a utility that I can use to copy "in use" files in Windows XP?
>
> There must be some file-by-file backup program that can do this.
>
> xxcopy and Lxcopy do not work for me.
>
> Thanks in advance,

I think Drive Image (now integrated into Ghost) can do this.

dbs2000@gmail.com wrote in

> Hello,
>
> Is there a utility that I can use to copy "in use" files in
> Windows XP?
>
> There must be some file-by-file backup program that can do this.
>
> xxcopy and Lxcopy do not work for me.

SyncBackSE does it, works very well and is reasonably priced at
USD15.00.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/

CWatters <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in message
> <dbs2000@gmail.com> wrote

>> Is there a utility that I can use to copy "in use" files in Windows XP?

>> There must be some file-by-file backup program that can do this.

>> xxcopy and Lxcopy do not work for me.

>> Thanks in advance,

> I think Drive Image (now integrated into Ghost) can do this.

Its not a file-by-file backup program tho.

"Peter" <peterfoxghost@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe

Yes, NTbackup should be able to back up "in use" files. The XP version is
especially nice with the "Shadow volume backup" feature. Who would have
thought, XP has the utility you need built right in!

--Dan