Interesting observation when usin xD -> Compact flash conv..

Hi there.

I have a Fuji S602 Pro. I'm using a Fuji xD to Compact Flash converter card
(as I also have another Fuji camera that only takes xD memory). One thing I
have noticed which I hope someone can confirm etc.

If I format the xD card using my Fuji F410, then when I use the card in the
S602 it takes fractions of a second to save the images (I'm using 6 million
pixels fine mode). However If I format the xD card using the S602 and then
try to say a 6m fine picture (or any other resolution) it takes some 12 -13
seconds. This can be a bit frustrating to say the least.

I'm assuming there the format system used on the two cameras is very
different, however I am surprised it makes such a drastic difference in
speed.

Any hints, tips etc would be most welcome (apart from the obvious which is
to always format the xD cards using the F410).

Cheers

Gordon.

Yesterday, I read in the news release for the new Olympus 1 meg xD card
that these cards can be used for computer file storage as well as digital
camera photo storage. I would guess from that info, that there may be
more than one physical format for the cards' data storage layout.

Steve . . .

"the factory" <gordon@the-factory.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi there.
>
>I have a Fuji S602 Pro. I'm using a Fuji xD to Compact Flash converter card
>(as I also have another Fuji camera that only takes xD memory). One thing I
>have noticed which I hope someone can confirm etc.
>
>If I format the xD card using my Fuji F410, then when I use the card in the
>S602 it takes fractions of a second to save the images (I'm using 6 million
>pixels fine mode). However If I format the xD card using the S602 and then
>try to say a 6m fine picture (or any other resolution) it takes some 12 -13
>seconds. This can be a bit frustrating to say the least.
>
>I'm assuming there the format system used on the two cameras is very
>different, however I am surprised it makes such a drastic difference in
>speed.
>
>Any hints, tips etc would be most welcome (apart from the obvious which is
>to always format the xD cards using the F410).
>
>Cheers
>
>Gordon.

TRENDING THREADS