Interesting observation when usin xD -> Compact flash conv..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 27, 2004 8:30:48 PM

Hi there.

I have a Fuji S602 Pro. I'm using a Fuji xD to Compact Flash converter card
(as I also have another Fuji camera that only takes xD memory). One thing I
have noticed which I hope someone can confirm etc.

If I format the xD card using my Fuji F410, then when I use the card in the
S602 it takes fractions of a second to save the images (I'm using 6 million
pixels fine mode). However If I format the xD card using the S602 and then
try to say a 6m fine picture (or any other resolution) it takes some 12 -13
seconds. This can be a bit frustrating to say the least.

I'm assuming there the format system used on the two cameras is very
different, however I am surprised it makes such a drastic difference in
speed.

Any hints, tips etc would be most welcome (apart from the obvious which is
to always format the xD cards using the F410).

Cheers

Gordon.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 8:19:24 AM

Yesterday, I read in the news release for the new Olympus 1 meg xD card
that these cards can be used for computer file storage as well as digital
camera photo storage. I would guess from that info, that there may be
more than one physical format for the cards' data storage layout.

Steve . . .

!