XP Ntbackup problem, any tips?

On my home PC, which runs XP Pro, I have a backup job that runs every
morning at 5:00am. The job writes a single file to an extra hard drive. I
noticed my backups had not been going in a few days so I tried manually
starting the job. What happens is Ntbackup tried to begin the job but then
crashes. If I try to open the selection file NTbackup crashes.

So, last night while my wife was logged in to her profile I created a new
selection file and did a successful backup. Cool, I figured the selection
file was somehow corrupted. Well, just now I logged in as me, tried to
create a new selection file, but Ntbackup crashes everytime I try to expand
one of the drive letters to select directories. I get the "send error
report, don't send" XP error. Hmmm. Any clue as to how I can repair
NTbackup in my XP profile?

Thanks!
--Dan

peter

> On my home PC, which runs XP Pro, I have a backup job that runs every
> morning at 5:00am. The job writes a single file to an extra hard drive.
> noticed my backups had not been going in a few days so I tried manually
> starting the job. What happens is Ntbackup tried to begin the job but
then
> crashes. If I try to open the selection file NTbackup crashes.
>
> So, last night while my wife was logged in to her profile I created a new
> selection file and did a successful backup. Cool, I figured the selection
> file was somehow corrupted. Well, just now I logged in as me, tried to
> create a new selection file, but Ntbackup crashes everytime I try to
expand
> one of the drive letters to select directories. I get the "send error
> report, don't send" XP error. Hmmm. Any clue as to how I can repair
> NTbackup in my XP profile?

Can you corelate NTBackup crashes with some events in the event log?

I had checked the event viewer and there WAS entries, but they didn't really
explain much. However I did fix the problem, I ran the NTbackup install
program (NTBACKUP.MSI) and the reinstallation did the trick. Weird.

THANKS!
--Dan