Won't boot with Nvidia Geforce

Joe

New purchaser of XP (Home) w/SP2 upgrade. Did full
install after formatting hard drive. I have P4-2Ghz
w/512Mhz ram 60Ghz hdd on ATA-133 controller. Video card
is Nvidia Geforce FX 5200. Had no previous issues when
running WinME. Had no problems w/installation but after
booting up for first time in XP, was unable to set color
to greater than 16bit or greater than 800x600. System
seemed to do an "auto" reboot and when it got to
the "welcome" screen everything was all washed out then
system auto-booted again to the Safe Mode selection
screen. Booted to safe mode. DM showed correct video card
but I "disabled" it and system would boot-up normally.
Have downloaded and installed latest drivers and several
of the older ones to just check, with same results.
System won't boot with the Nvidia card enabled. Someone
please HELP! DOOM3 is waiting patiently.

You need to go to the NVidia website and download the latest drivers.

"Joe" <sandfiddler@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> New purchaser of XP (Home) w/SP2 upgrade. Did full
> install after formatting hard drive. I have P4-2Ghz
> w/512Mhz ram 60Ghz hdd on ATA-133 controller. Video card
> is Nvidia Geforce FX 5200. Had no previous issues when
> running WinME. Had no problems w/installation but after
> booting up for first time in XP, was unable to set color
> to greater than 16bit or greater than 800x600. System
> seemed to do an "auto" reboot and when it got to
> the "welcome" screen everything was all washed out then
> system auto-booted again to the Safe Mode selection
> screen. Booted to safe mode. DM showed correct video card
> but I "disabled" it and system would boot-up normally.
> Have downloaded and installed latest drivers and several
> of the older ones to just check, with same results.
> System won't boot with the Nvidia card enabled. Someone
> please HELP! DOOM3 is waiting patiently.

Joe

Maybe I forgot to mention that I had downloaded and installed the latest
drivers along with several older versions just to check...they all do the
same thing.

Anyone out there ever see anything regarding Nvidia's Nview and XP?