Ghost 9 Initializing Over Network...FOREVER!!!

This seems to be the place to ask silly questions like this so here
goes!...
I have a home network connected over a Netgear router with XP Home and
Professional computers. Although I have third-party software
firewalls on all of them, for the below please regard them as OFF or
disabled. I also have set permissions up to allow the access/browsing
of subject drives (i.e., no passwords required)

Having just got Ghost 9, I wanted to backup my newest computer to a
drive on a different system. The system I plan on backing up will be
my new home theater system so I want to back up the baseline before I
start playing around with different configurations before I settle on
what works best.

When I go into the Ghost back-up interface, I'm given the option to
browse my network for the backup location. When I choose this
networked drive (such as "\\bigcomputer\t\backup"), a popup window
comes up asking for my Domain, Username, and Password. Since I don't
have a domain I tried my workgroup (@home) and blank passwords....this
isn't accepted (popup box just comes back) so I tried leaving the
domain blank and entered asteriks (*) in both the UN/PW fields. This
is accepted by Ghost and I'm allowed to point to the proper
drive/folder. I can then click through the remaining windows and the
program begins the backup.
Here's where I hit my problem....the program just keeps
"Initializing." The timer continues to progress so Ghost hasn't
locked up. I've left it sit for an hour like this with nothing else
happening. I can go to the target computers' folder and nothing is
being created in it.
Can anyone suggest some help here? I'm not sure how to troubleshoot
this one.

Also - not exactly related but sorta....I figure I'll ask while I'm
here....
I've played around with the Ghost recovery environment to experiment.
I've created a Ghost image on this home theater computer on it's own
drive...then moved the image to the network folder mentioned above (on
"bigcomputer"), and then checked to see if I could browse to this
location through the Ghost recovery. I'm not able to simply browse to
it as Ghost will not see my group (@home)...it only sees
"workgroup"...HOWEVER, if I use that computers IP address instead I
can point to it (the location of the image that is). When I do this
I'm asked for the domain/UN/PW again....this time the only way I can
get though is by putting in "@home@home" for the domain and leaving
the UN/PW fields blank (different from the above you'll note)....after
which I can browse the networked drive....strange, and if someone can
fill me in on what the deal on this is I'd appreciate it. I haven't
actually restored this way (yet) as I don't want to do it until I
figure out why it's doing this..

Well thanks for reading this long post. I hope someone can fill in
the holes in my brain :)

Well I finally gave up on Ghost. I managed to get a cracked copy of
True Image to try it out...worked like a charm on two different
systems and easily over my network with practically no problems.
Bought a copy for about 30 bucks to make myself "legal" so I'm happy
now! :)

heap <heapnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Well I finally gave up on Ghost. I managed to get a cracked copy of
> True Image to try it out...worked like a charm on two different
> systems and easily over my network with practically no problems.
> Bought a copy for about 30 bucks to make myself "legal" so I'm happy
> now! :)

Thanks for the feedback, too rare in my opinion.