Missing Exif 2.2 information causing DVD player to skip ro..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 28, 2004 4:37:54 PM

I just got a standalone DVD player that plays Photos. It is a really nice
player; however, it won't read pictures that are missing the Exif 2.2
information. I must have rotated some photos in my first few weeks last year
using Roxio's PhotoRelay or maybe a Cosmi Photo Program and I lost the Exif 2.2
information. So for a few folders of pictures, rotated photos won't play on my
DVD player, yet they look fine on the computer.

***How do I insert some bogus Exif 2.2 information into the (?) original
pictures here so that they will play when I reburn them to CD-R?

I got an Olympus D-550z camera in April, 2003. I probably didn't get Irfanview
until 2 months after that.
The photos I rotated using Irfanview play fine on the DVD player.
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 9:02:29 AM

Cymbal Man Freq. wrote:
> I just got a standalone DVD player that plays Photos. It is a really
> nice player; however, it won't read pictures that are missing the
> Exif 2.2 information. I must have rotated some photos in my first few
> weeks last year using Roxio's PhotoRelay or maybe a Cosmi Photo
> Program and I lost the Exif 2.2 information. So for a few folders of
> pictures, rotated photos won't play on my DVD player, yet they look
> fine on the computer.
>
> ***How do I insert some bogus Exif 2.2 information into the (?)
> original pictures here so that they will play when I reburn them to
> CD-R?
>
> I got an Olympus D-550z camera in April, 2003. I probably didn't get
> Irfanview until 2 months after that.
> The photos I rotated using Irfanview play fine on the DVD player.

Here's something to try. Open up a good image in Irfanview, and paste in
the image contents from one of your bad images. Maybe the exif from the
good image will stick.
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

"Mike Russell" <REgeigyMOVE@pacbellTHIS.net> wrote in message

| Here's something to try. Open up a good image in Irfanview, and paste in
| the image contents from one of your bad images. Maybe the exif from the
| good image will stick.

???? Won't the colors smear???? ;>)
September 29, 2004 11:25:22 AM

Cymbal Man Freq. wrote:
> "Mike Russell" <REgeigyMOVE@pacbellTHIS.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Here's something to try. Open up a good image in Irfanview, and
>> paste in the image contents from one of your bad images. Maybe the
>> exif from the good image will stick.
>

> ???? Won't the colors smear???? ;>)

Is this one of those underwater cameras, that use watercolors?
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

Guys! Try to stay focused for a bit of the time.

> Cymbal Man Freq. wrote:
> > "Mike Russell" <REgeigyMOVE@pacbellTHIS.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Here's something to try. Open up a good image in Irfanview, and
> >> paste in the image contents from one of your bad images. Maybe the
> >> exif from the good image will stick.
> >

> > ???? Won't the colors smear???? ;>)
>
> Is this one of those underwater cameras, that use watercolors?
> --
>
> Mike Russell
> www.curvemeister.com
> www.geigy.2y.net

September 30, 2004 12:37:04 PM

Hi,
Which make of player was this stand-alone, please?
RoJ
------------
"Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't Bother@ForgedPostsAnonymous.unorg> wrote in
message news:CWc6d.243792$bp1.132918@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
: I just got a standalone DVD player that plays Photos. It is a really nice
: player; however, it won't read pictures that are missing the Exif 2.2
: information.
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 1:22:04 AM

Pioneer DVR-520H-S