Missing Exif 2.2 information causing DVD player to skip ro..

I just got a standalone DVD player that plays Photos. It is a really nice
player; however, it won't read pictures that are missing the Exif 2.2
information. I must have rotated some photos in my first few weeks last year
using Roxio's PhotoRelay or maybe a Cosmi Photo Program and I lost the Exif 2.2
information. So for a few folders of pictures, rotated photos won't play on my
DVD player, yet they look fine on the computer.

***How do I insert some bogus Exif 2.2 information into the (?) original
pictures here so that they will play when I reburn them to CD-R?

I got an Olympus D-550z camera in April, 2003. I probably didn't get Irfanview
until 2 months after that.
The photos I rotated using Irfanview play fine on the DVD player.
6 answers Last reply
More about missing exif information causing player skip

    Cymbal Man Freq. wrote:
    > I just got a standalone DVD player that plays Photos. It is a really
    > nice player; however, it won't read pictures that are missing the
    > Exif 2.2 information. I must have rotated some photos in my first few
    > weeks last year using Roxio's PhotoRelay or maybe a Cosmi Photo
    > Program and I lost the Exif 2.2 information. So for a few folders of
    > pictures, rotated photos won't play on my DVD player, yet they look
    > fine on the computer.
    >
    > ***How do I insert some bogus Exif 2.2 information into the (?)
    > original pictures here so that they will play when I reburn them to
    > CD-R?
    >
    > I got an Olympus D-550z camera in April, 2003. I probably didn't get
    > Irfanview until 2 months after that.
    > The photos I rotated using Irfanview play fine on the DVD player.

    Here's something to try. Open up a good image in Irfanview, and paste in
    the image contents from one of your bad images. Maybe the exif from the
    good image will stick.
    --

    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com

    "Mike Russell" <REgeigyMOVE@pacbellTHIS.net> wrote in message

    | Here's something to try. Open up a good image in Irfanview, and paste in
    | the image contents from one of your bad images. Maybe the exif from the
    | good image will stick.

    ???? Won't the colors smear???? ;>)

    Cymbal Man Freq. wrote:
    > "Mike Russell" <REgeigyMOVE@pacbellTHIS.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Here's something to try. Open up a good image in Irfanview, and
    >> paste in the image contents from one of your bad images. Maybe the
    >> exif from the good image will stick.
    >

    > ???? Won't the colors smear???? ;>)

    Is this one of those underwater cameras, that use watercolors?
    --

    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com

    Guys! Try to stay focused for a bit of the time.

    > Cymbal Man Freq. wrote:
    > > "Mike Russell" <REgeigyMOVE@pacbellTHIS.net> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Here's something to try. Open up a good image in Irfanview, and
    > >> paste in the image contents from one of your bad images. Maybe the
    > >> exif from the good image will stick.
    > >

    > > ???? Won't the colors smear???? ;>)
    >
    > Is this one of those underwater cameras, that use watercolors?
    > --
    >
    > Mike Russell
    > www.curvemeister.com
    > www.geigy.2y.net

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Hi,
    Which make of player was this stand-alone, please?
    RoJ
    ------------
    "Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't Bother@ForgedPostsAnonymous.unorg> wrote in
    message news:CWc6d.243792$bp1.132918@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
    : I just got a standalone DVD player that plays Photos. It is a really nice
    : player; however, it won't read pictures that are missing the Exif 2.2
    : information.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Pioneer DVR-520H-S
    It's a DVD recorder too.

    "RoJ" <roger.gelder@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    | Hi,
    | Which make of player was this stand-alone, please?
    | RoJ
    | "Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't Bother@ForgedPostsAnonymous.unorg> wrote in
    | message news:CWc6d.243792$bp1.132918@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
    | : I just got a standalone DVD player that plays Photos. It is a really nice
    | : player; however, it won't read pictures that are missing the Exif 2.2
    | : information.

Cameras Photo DVD Players Peripherals