windows media player 9 and 10

I am having a problem playing AVI files it will play one time and then put a
bar across the screen the sound plays but the second time or second movie
will not play if you reboot the computer it will play only one time. Does
anyone know what this could be

I am having problems with my AVI videos too. I recently installed an update
from Micrsoft, one of those automatic ones. and now none of my videos will
play whats up with this. they worked perfectly fine before i updated,
someone help me