a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b G Storage
May 31, 2005 4:25:20 PM

Hi, there, My ID815E motherboard freezes randomly all the time -
anytime during the process of installing a new windows XP or a linux
REDHAT 9. I thought my CPU had gone bad because I found my CPU cooler
stopped working. So I went to buy a new cpu and cooler. But it still
freezes.

I got no cards inside. I just have 256M RAM, CDROM, Floppy Drive and
one 40G hard drive. Any idea about that? Or maybe just tell me I should
throw away my motherboard.

Much thanks,
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b G Storage
June 1, 2005 6:05:50 PM

My ID815E motherboard freezes randomly all the time -
anytime during the process of installing a new windows XP or a linux
REDHAT 9.

You should first check to make sure that all jumpers on your hard drive
and cd-rom drive are set to their correct position. Also, make certain
that your IDE cables are known good working. Be absolutely certain that
your cd-rom drive does not only work intermittently. Use a known good
cd-rom drive or remove the current one and place it on another PC to
make sure it is working properly.

If all that does not clear up the issue, go to BIOS Settings and turn
on / off CPU cache and see what results you get. Try turning off video
BIOS shadow and see what results you get.

This is assuming that when you say that "your motherboard freezes up
randomly", you mean that "when you are installing the OS the computer
freezes".

You did not make it clear if this problem only occurs when you are
installing the OS and it did not occur before you attempted a new
installation so, the suggestions I made might help if your PC only
freezes when you are loading the OS.

Go a little further and try clearing CMOS and remember to reset the RTC
[clock date and time] before attempting to install the OS.

These are just some suggestions that might help you get by your issues.

Good luck.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b G Storage
June 1, 2005 8:54:41 PM

I've had similar problems in the past that turned out ti be in compatible
RAM. I'd try changing that first.

!