Installing XP on 128MB Aptiva

Hello,

I have an IBM Aptiva, with 128MB RAM and a 40GB drive, running
Windows ME. I intend to copy the files that I need from
the hard disk, purchase Windows XP home edition, format the drive,
and install XP.

Is my non state-of-the-art Aptiva sufficient for running XP?

(I have modest needs, some minor spreadsheets, mainly
Internet, no resource intensive games, etc..)

Anything else to watch out for?

Thanks,
SAP BASIS Consultant

On 4 Jun 2005 18:20:54 -0700, basis_consultant@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have an IBM Aptiva, with 128MB RAM and a 40GB drive, running
>Windows ME. I intend to copy the files that I need from
>the hard disk, purchase Windows XP home edition, format the drive,
>and install XP.
>
>Is my non state-of-the-art Aptiva sufficient for running XP?
>
>(I have modest needs, some minor spreadsheets, mainly
>Internet, no resource intensive games, etc..)

Sounds fine. You can see if there will be problems by downloading and
running the XP Upgrade Advisor:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/advisor.mspx

>Anything else to watch out for?

Download the XP device drivers you might need before installing XP.

Don't stay connected to the Internet while installing XP until after SP2
is installed.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/