Transferring video to DVD

Hello. I am trying to transfer a VHS video to DVD. When I used Movie Maker,
the format that it saved it in would NOT let the DVD play on our DVD player.
I am not sure what format the DVD needs to be saved in so that the video can
be played. I made the mistake of buying a DVD+R pack that, apparently, is not
rewritable, so I have just trashed two discs and spent HOURS attempting to
capture and burn just one video. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about transferring video

    You need to obtain a DVD Video Authoring software like MyDVD or Nero Vision
    2 etc.
    see my faq entry about movie maker: www.rehanfx.org/faq.htm

    For more comprehensive reviews of authoring software see
    www.videohelp.com/author

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for movie maker

    "Tracey" <Tracey @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. I am trying to transfer a VHS video to DVD. When I used Movie
    > Maker,
    > the format that it saved it in would NOT let the DVD play on our DVD
    > player.
    > I am not sure what format the DVD needs to be saved in so that the video
    > can
    > be played. I made the mistake of buying a DVD+R pack that, apparently, is
    > not
    > rewritable, so I have just trashed two discs and spent HOURS attempting to
    > capture and burn just one video. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

    When you've finished your editing in MovieMaker, use the Save to My Computer
    option and Save it as a DV-AVI file. Then use your third party burning
    software to burn the AVI file and convert it to DVD format.
    www.coribright.com

    "Tracey" <Tracey @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. I am trying to transfer a VHS video to DVD. When I used Movie
    > Maker,
    > the format that it saved it in would NOT let the DVD play on our DVD
    > player.
    > I am not sure what format the DVD needs to be saved in so that the video
    > can
    > be played. I made the mistake of buying a DVD+R pack that, apparently, is
    > not
    > rewritable, so I have just trashed two discs and spent HOURS attempting to
    > capture and burn just one video. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Video DVD Windows XP