Can you turn off the automatic camera controls in Movie
Maker. I am using my Canon ZR75 to convert analog to DV
and capture to Firewire. Every time I click record in the
capture screen, the camera enters 'Play" mode and stops
the A/D converter.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

This is a bug in WMM 2.0. It is fixed in 2.1 which is only available with xp
service pack 2 unfortunately. Dean Rowe wrote about it in his blog entry:
http://blogs.msdn.com/deanro/archive/2004/08/23/219291.aspx

You can try using some other software for capturing. WinDV
(http://windv.mourek.cz) has a lot of repute and its free.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

"dmcgill" <david_mcgill@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Can you turn off the automatic camera controls in Movie
> Maker. I am using my Canon ZR75 to convert analog to DV
> and capture to Firewire. Every time I click record in the
> capture screen, the camera enters 'Play" mode and stops
> the A/D converter.

Thanks for the tip.
WinDV is EXACTLY what I was looking for.........
No frills, just barebones capture. And only 98k filesize.