Complete copy of a hard drive - how?

Hi,

How do I go about making a complete copy of all the files on a hard drive,
including operating system, onto another drive so that it is a mirror copy,
with nothing missing? Is it possible without major tech. equipment?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

"Andrew Lyall" <andy@lyalla.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How do I go about making a complete copy of all the files on a hard drive,
> including operating system, onto another drive so that it is a mirror
> copy,
> with nothing missing? Is it possible without major tech. equipment?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006H2Z1E/qid=1118613221/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-2372009-3583651
amongst other options.

--
Derek

Andrew Lyall <andy@lyalla.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:d8i9tk$f5s$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

> How do I go about making a complete copy of all the files on a hard drive,
> including operating system, onto another drive so that it is a mirror copy,
> with nothing missing? Is it possible without major tech. equipment?

Yes, there are quite a few programs around that can do that.

I like Acronis True Image for that currently.

I dont like Ghost 9, basically because you cant do that
after having booted from the CD, you have to install it first.
The included Ghost 2003 can do that from floppy but thats
rather clumsy compared with True Image.

<wemaole@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Ghost is a good choice!

True Image is a better choice.