DV Cam will not show after upgrading to SP2 in XP

Adam

Have XP PRO, pannsonic dv cam, connect with a generic TI fireware
card. Has worked fine for 2 years now. Upgraded to SP2 and now cam
dosent show up!

I was able to remove sp2 and it shows up and works. but i really like
the fixes in sp2 (other than my dv cam dont work)

Any one have any ideas?

Adam

I am new to this program and cannot get it to recognize the dv cam. I have
SP2 but never tried it before upgrading. How did you return to pre-SP2 in
order to get your camera to be recoginzed?

"Adam" wrote:

> Have XP PRO, pannsonic dv cam, connect with a generic TI fireware
> card. Has worked fine for 2 years now. Upgraded to SP2 and now cam
> dosent show up!
>
> I was able to remove sp2 and it shows up and works. but i really like
> the fixes in sp2 (other than my dv cam dont work)
>

> Any one have any ideas?
>
> Adam

Same problem here. Have a Panasonic DV50 camera and it only shows up as a
"web cam". This is a very serious problem for me.
"Adam" <adam@southerndales.net> wrote in message
> Have XP PRO, pannsonic dv cam, connect with a generic TI fireware
> card. Has worked fine for 2 years now. Upgraded to SP2 and now cam
> dosent show up!
>
> I was able to remove sp2 and it shows up and works. but i really like
> the fixes in sp2 (other than my dv cam dont work)
>

> Any one have any ideas?
>
> Adam

there is only one way to return to pre SP2, that is reinstall and don't
install service pack 2 its a one way street

HTH
"BY5260" <BY5260@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am new to this program and cannot get it to recognize the dv cam. I
have
> SP2 but never tried it before upgrading. How did you return to pre-SP2 in
> order to get your camera to be recoginzed?
>
> "Adam" wrote:
>
> > Have XP PRO, pannsonic dv cam, connect with a generic TI fireware
> > card. Has worked fine for 2 years now. Upgraded to SP2 and now cam
> > dosent show up!
> >
> > I was able to remove sp2 and it shows up and works. but i really like
> > the fixes in sp2 (other than my dv cam dont work)
> >

> > Any one have any ideas?
> >
> > Adam

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Its not a one way street if you had made a restore point before installing
SP2. By default it makes a restore point automatically. So before
re-installing xp, try the option of using System Restore to go back to life
before SP2 .

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for movie maker

"Prilosec" <purple@nni.net> wrote in message
> Same problem here. Have a Panasonic DV50 camera and it only shows up as a
> "web cam". This is a very serious problem for me.
> "Adam" <adam@southerndales.net> wrote in message
>> Have XP PRO, pannsonic dv cam, connect with a generic TI fireware
>> card. Has worked fine for 2 years now. Upgraded to SP2 and now cam
>> dosent show up!
>>
>> I was able to remove sp2 and it shows up and works. but i really like
>> the fixes in sp2 (other than my dv cam dont work)
>>

>> Any one have any ideas?
>>
>> Adam

Carol

Try connecting your camera to your computer using the i.LINK (DV) jack.
Carol

"Adam" wrote:

> Have XP PRO, pannsonic dv cam, connect with a generic TI fireware
> card. Has worked fine for 2 years now. Upgraded to SP2 and now cam
> dosent show up!
>
> I was able to remove sp2 and it shows up and works. but i really like
> the fixes in sp2 (other than my dv cam dont work)
>

> Any one have any ideas?
>
> Adam

Adam

Just incase anyone is reading this , i have it working now. Had to
work the SP1 Firewire drivers in.

Go to C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386 in the sp1 cab copy out the
following files

1394bus.sys
arp1394.sys
nic1394.sys
ohci1394.sys

replace the new versions of them in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache
and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

reboot

this should fix it.