can I use USB connection for MovieMaker?

My JVC mini DV GR-D53AA has USB and Firewire output but my PC only has USB.
Is there a way of using Movie Maker to capture and edit my movies via USB.
The software supplied (ImageMaker) is not very user friendly but captures the
taped movies via USB and lets me edit to a point but I cannot get it to put
it all together...

Carol

Your JVC may be like my Sony and you have to use the i.link (DV) jack to
connect your camera and computer. I'm just guessing, but maybe it will work.
Carol