Connection OK, but "network cable unplugged"

Christoph

Distinguished
May 13, 2004

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 with a Truemobile 1150 WLAN Mini PCI card and an
SMC 2671W access point. The PC can connect to the AP with "excellent"
connection, but TCP/IP over this NIC isn't possible: the systray shows the
"network cable unplugged" icon.

OS is W2K SP3, I already de- and reinstalled the NIC drivers, updated the AP
firmware, but all with no luck. My TCP/IP layers should be fine since I can
connect to the LAN with the other (3COM, cabled) network card. Another PC
can connect to the AP with no problems.

Would anybody have a clue? I don't know what to do anymore ..

Kind regards,
Christoph

Christoph

Distinguished
May 13, 2004

"Christoph" wrote

> OS is W2K SP3

It's SP4, of course. I'm sorry for the double post, tried to cancel it.

Regards
Christoph