Video Capture problem after SP2

Currently I am unable to capture video using Windows Movie Maker or MGI
Videowave 4. If I restore my computer prior to installing SP2 the video
capture in Movie Maker works fine.

I am able to control the camcorder from Movie Maker and begin the video
capture process, after finishing that process I get the following error
message: "The video was not captured correctly. Verify that your video
camera and capture device are configured properly"

My system is configured with a Texas Insturments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394
Host Controller and the Imaging Device displays as a Samsung DV Camcorder
(SCD60).

Also, after connecting the Wirewire cable to the camcorder "What action do I
want to perform" message is displayed.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated
2 answers Last reply
More about video capture problem

    SP2 blocks certain drivers which MS has decided may pose some
    security/stability risk. So it might be due to that. See if samsung has
    provided any update drivers or info about this issue.

    Another remote possibility might be your DirectShow DLLs getting mapped
    incorrectly. To eliminate this possibility re-register the qdv.dll which is
    used for dv avi capture/encoding. Execute the following line on Start > Run
    dialog

    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qdv.dll

    if that doesnt work then try re-installing (on top of current installation)

    Graphics card drivers
    DirectX runtime (full download)
    Windows Media Encoder

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    "jroduner" <jroduner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Currently I am unable to capture video using Windows Movie Maker or MGI
    > Videowave 4. If I restore my computer prior to installing SP2 the video
    > capture in Movie Maker works fine.
    >
    > I am able to control the camcorder from Movie Maker and begin the video
    > capture process, after finishing that process I get the following error
    > message: "The video was not captured correctly. Verify that your video
    > camera and capture device are configured properly"
    >
    > My system is configured with a Texas Insturments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394
    > Host Controller and the Imaging Device displays as a Samsung DV Camcorder
    > (SCD60).
    >
    > Also, after connecting the Wirewire cable to the camcorder "What action do
    > want to perform" message is displayed.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreaciated

    I tried the following with the same undesireable results.
    Do you or anyone else have any other suggestions
    thanks,

    "Rehan" wrote:

    > SP2 blocks certain drivers which MS has decided may pose some
    > security/stability risk. So it might be due to that. See if samsung has
    > provided any update drivers or info about this issue.
    >
    > Another remote possibility might be your DirectShow DLLs getting mapped
    > incorrectly. To eliminate this possibility re-register the qdv.dll which is
    > used for dv avi capture/encoding. Execute the following line on Start > Run
    > dialog
    >
    > regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qdv.dll
    >
    > if that doesnt work then try re-installing (on top of current installation)
    >
    > Graphics card drivers
    > DirectX runtime (full download)
    > Windows Media Encoder
    >

    > --
    > Rehan
    > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker
    >

    > "jroduner" <jroduner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Currently I am unable to capture video using Windows Movie Maker or MGI
    > > Videowave 4. If I restore my computer prior to installing SP2 the video
    > > capture in Movie Maker works fine.
    > >
    > > I am able to control the camcorder from Movie Maker and begin the video
    > > capture process, after finishing that process I get the following error
    > > message: "The video was not captured correctly. Verify that your video
    > > camera and capture device are configured properly"
    > >
    > > My system is configured with a Texas Insturments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394
    > > Host Controller and the Imaging Device displays as a Samsung DV Camcorder
    > > (SCD60).
    > >
    > > Also, after connecting the Wirewire cable to the camcorder "What action do
    > > want to perform" message is displayed.
    > >
    > > Any help would be greatly appreaciated

Video Video Capture Windows Movie Maker Camcorders Movie Maker Windows XP