Best 400gig drive our so far is ?? Segate 7000.8 ???

Just need one for a Media PC and 400 gigs shoudl do just fine. Have a
Sata socket waiting for it :)

Any others worth concidering ?

Thanks.

7200.8

Model Number:ST3400832AS
Capacity:400 GB
Speed:7200 rpm
Seek time:8 ms avg
Interface:SATA 1.5Gb/s

Thats the one i was talking about ;)

459.00 Australian.

87 bucks for 100 gig. That good ??

Jill haoulder <43434.com.au> wrote in message

> Just need one for a Media PC and 400 gigs shoudl do just fine.

Its currently pretty poor value $/GB

> Have a Sata socket waiting for it :)

> Any others worth concidering ?

I dont like the heat and noise of the Seagate Barras myself.

Unfortunately the ones I do like, the Samsungs, are
currently max 200G. I'd get two of those instead myself.
Quite a bit cheaper than the 400G Seagate too.

> 7200.8

> Model Number:ST3400832AS
> Capacity:400 GB
> Speed:7200 rpm
> Seek time:8 ms avg
> Interface:SATA 1.5Gb/s

> Thats the one i was talking about ;)

> 459.00 Australian.

> 87 bucks for 100 gig. That good ??

Nope, lousy value. The 200G at A$165 each is much better value.

http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=seagate+400g+sata
shows much better value for that Seagate if you insist on using it.

I'd go for two of these myself,
http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=samsung+200g+sata

Would need to get a Sata 150 card. Only got 1 sata connector free.