  • AVI
  • Format
  • Windows XP
October 19, 2004 7:15:02 PM

When I try to see my video that I recieved from a friend, it won't play
because it says that I do not have the necessary codec downloaded. I want to
convert it from avi format, but Windows Media Player should be able to play
avi movies. What should I do?

More about : avi format codec problems

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 2:31:16 AM

An AVI is just a container, http://msmvps.com/chrisl/articles/10453.aspx
should explain this in full.

--
Chris Lanier - http://www.msmvps.com/chrisl/

NOTE: Replies are to help benefit others in helping
you and reproducing issues, not necessarily for me
to get back to you.
---
"Puzzled in Despair" <Puzzled in Despair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9C615AC5-A8F6-4105-B780-238C0CF3B07E@microsoft.com...
> When I try to see my video that I recieved from a friend, it won't play
> because it says that I do not have the necessary codec downloaded. I want
> convert it from avi format, but Windows Media Player should be able to
> play
> avi movies. What should I do?
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 3:23:03 PM

My player automatically downloads the codec's needed to play but Movie Maker
still gives me the message that the codec is missing?

!