Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 19 Jun 2005 17:01:43 -0700, "SunnyNawab" <Sunny.Nawab@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I found this cool way to check your computer/internet IP address and
>country location:

>http://www.MyComputerIP.com

Kinda old, isn't it?

It got my browser wrong.

--

Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

"Whatever crushes individuality is despotism."
--John Stuart Mill, "On Liberty"

Is the java code for that <span id="xxxx"> ?

"SunnyNawab" <Sunny.Nawab@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I found this cool way to check your computer/internet IP address and
> country location:
>
> http://www.MyComputerIP.com

Hi

Can someone explain the difference between this and using IPCONFIG?

I'm still learning so bear with me...

I'm presuming that IPCONFIG displays my PC's local IP address for items
connected to its NIC and www.MyComputerIP.com
displays my internet connection IP address which is assigned by my ISP?

Thanks for any info

Ian

Ian Roberts <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> SunnyNawab <Sunny.Nawab@gmail.com> wrote

>> I found this cool way to check your computer/internet IP address and country
>> location:

>> http://www.MyComputerIP.com

> Hi

Lo

> Can someone explain the difference between this and using IPCONFIG?

That and its ilk are simpler with the more complex configs like NAT routers.

> I'm still learning so bear with me...

Just as long as you dont want us to bare with you...

> I'm presuming that IPCONFIG displays my PC's local IP address for items
> connected to its NIC and www.MyComputerIP.com displays my internet connection
> IP address which is assigned by my ISP?

Correct, and what is visible externally with NAT routers etc.

> Thanks for any info

Sorrite.

SunnyNawab wrote:
> I found this cool way to check your computer/internet IP address and
> country location:

There are better ways to find out which country you are in.