Norton Ghost 9. Backup 600gig Raid drive to two 300 gig dr..

ross

I have Norton Ghost 9.

I have a 600gig RAID 5 drive array. I want to back this up onto two 300
gig drives like a person would do with DVDs. So I don't want to stripe
the two drives I am using for backup into a 600gig drive itself.

I could have the two drives (which I have not bought yet as I am in
theory mode) on at the same time as F drive and G drive. So If I told
ghost to chunk its image into 300gb and the first drive filled, would
it allow my to choose a second drive?

Any other thoughts on trying to backup an array like this? This is just
a personal setup with WMA-lossless files, digital pictures and MCE
files. So not a company with an unlimited budget. I also don't have an
ISP where I could try an online backup system.

Ross <flat_ross@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I have Norton Ghost 9.

> I have a 600gig RAID 5 drive array. I want to back this up onto two
> 300 gig drives like a person would do with DVDs. So I don't want to
> stripe the two drives I am using for backup into a 600gig drive itself.

> I could have the two drives (which I have not bought yet as I
> am in theory mode) on at the same time as F drive and G drive.
> So If I told ghost to chunk its image into 300gb and the first
> drive filled, would it allow my to choose a second drive?

Dont think so. What might work is two SATA 300G
drives in removable drive bays. Ghost 9 might let
you change the drive when its filled the first one.

> Any other thoughts on trying to backup an array like this?

You should be able to setup a dynamic drive which includes both
300G drives, so getting a total of 600G capacity to write to.

> This is just a personal setup with WMA-lossless files, digital pictures
> and MCE files. So not a company with an unlimited budget. I also
> don't have an ISP where I could try an online backup system.

That wouldnt be that cheap anyway that size.

TRENDING THREADS