Looking for ultra-quiet ATX power supply

I'm looking for a new ATX power supply to make my computer as quiet as
possible (350w-400w should be plenty). Which brand(s) have you found to be
the best in this regard? TIA!
4 answers Last reply
More about looking ultra quiet power supply

    Seasonic is preferred at http://www.silentpcreview.com/

    --
    Derek

    Previously swingman <sbt@silcom.com> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a new ATX power supply to make my computer as quiet as
    > possible (350w-400w should be plenty). Which brand(s) have you found to be
    > the best in this regard? TIA!

    There are some no-fan PSUs. You need to use a case-fan with these though
    or operate with open case.

    Arno

    swingman <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message

    > I'm looking for a new ATX power supply to make my computer as quiet as
    > possible (350w-400w should be plenty). Which brand(s) have you found to be
    > the best in this regard?

    I use Codegen.

    In article <Cq6dnRiJhI4tpyXfRVnygg@eclipse.net.uk>, me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk
    says...
    > "swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm looking for a new ATX power supply to make my computer as quiet as
    > > possible (350w-400w should be plenty). Which brand(s) have you found to
    > > be the best in this regard? TIA!
    > >

    > Seasonic is preferred at http://www.silentpcreview.com/

    Yes, excellent choice and reasonable cost too.

    Do not oversize the PS too much. There are few, if any, PCs in homes that actually
    draw 300W. Maybe 200W with the fastest P4 Extreme and the hottest graphics card
    with multiple hard and optical drives... The only way you can get in trouble is if
    the system requires more current on a specific output, say 12V, than the power
    supply can deliver. Newer supplies are flexible in this regard. Once you have 25%
    or greater margin on every output current and total power you're done. At least
    with a good supply like the Seasonic.

Power Supplies ATX Storage