Internet Streaming Video doesn't open in media player.

Before I downloaded Windows Media Player 10, everytime I viewed streaming
videos, they would open and play in a seperate windows media player screen.
Now the streaming movies open up in an Internet Explorer page, full screen. I
have Windows Media player as my default media player. I have Windows XP. I
looked for a setting that I may have hit by mistake, but I couldn't find
anything to change. Is this part of the new player? Can I set it back to
normal? Or is this happening because of the website where the movie is? Any
help is appreciated.

Legendaryt
2 answers Last reply
More about internet streaming video doesn open media player

    I had the same thing and never did get a fix. I called several tech support
    places, re-installed my ISP software, etc to no avail. About the only thing I
    found out was that it seems to be a sucurity "fix" that doesn't allow you to
    play streaming media without first having it completely downloaded first. My
    solution was to delete WMP10 and re-install 9 :)

    "Legendaryt" wrote:

    > Before I downloaded Windows Media Player 10, everytime I viewed streaming
    > videos, they would open and play in a seperate windows media player screen.
    > Now the streaming movies open up in an Internet Explorer page, full screen. I
    > have Windows Media player as my default media player. I have Windows XP. I
    > looked for a setting that I may have hit by mistake, but I couldn't find
    > anything to change. Is this part of the new player? Can I set it back to
    > normal? Or is this happening because of the website where the movie is? Any
    > help is appreciated.
    >
    > Legendaryt
  2. Hi,

    I too had a similar issue.. tried a few things after researching online.. this one worked for me.. there's some issue wid some registration of a dll or something.. have a look..

    http://knowthyanswer.blogspot.com/2009/03/windows-media-player-11-doesnt-play.html

Video Streaming Media Player Windows XP