Burning large video file

I just brought and purchase the license for Boston Red Sox/Yankee game 7 from
mlb.com. It plays really great in window media player 10, but I would like
to burn it to a dvd or cd so I can free the space on my computer. However
when I go to burn it, its says its to big to fit on the DVD. I need to know
a way to either compress it or split it. Everything I try hasn't work due to
the licensing restriction

What kind of file is it, what is the file extension?

How big is it? How long is the game?

What DVD burning software are you using to re-encode?
www.coribright.com

"klrabbit" <klrabbit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just brought and purchase the license for Boston Red Sox/Yankee game 7
>from
> mlb.com. It plays really great in window media player 10, but I would
> like
> to burn it to a dvd or cd so I can free the space on my computer. However
> when I go to burn it, its says its to big to fit on the DVD. I need to
> know
> a way to either compress it or split it. Everything I try hasn't work due
> the licensing restriction

this is the file listing for video 101704_nyabos_tv_350_drm, it is 6 1/2 hrs
long. Before I downloaded it I checked and it said I could burn up to 3
disc. I have tried several different editing programs. Can you suggest one
that might work?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What kind of file is it, what is the file extension?
>
> How big is it? How long is the game?
>
> What DVD burning software are you using to re-encode?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "klrabbit" <klrabbit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just brought and purchase the license for Boston Red Sox/Yankee game 7
> >from
> > mlb.com. It plays really great in window media player 10, but I would
> > like
> > to burn it to a dvd or cd so I can free the space on my computer. However
> > when I go to burn it, its says its to big to fit on the DVD. I need to
> > know
> > a way to either compress it or split it. Everything I try hasn't work due
> > the licensing restriction

It appears to have Digital Rights Management encoded in it, so you may not
be able to burn it at all.

What format is the file in?