Sign in with
Your question

In reply to:

Last response: in Forum Feedback
November 9, 2005 1:01:26 AM

Again, not really important, but when you click the in reply to link can the new window just show the single post? ATM it shows the entire thread, inc banners and all.

More about : reply

November 9, 2005 1:09:38 AM

For super long threads its kind of weird and annoying but i kind of like it.

it lists them backwards so the most recent are towards the top.

Its nice so you can reply, and look at multiple posts if you need to. Sometimes i forget wh said what, so i will use that to go back...before i had to open everything in a new window so i could switch between the reply and the thread.

To each his own i guess...
November 9, 2005 1:17:57 AM

No no no :D  , I mean the in reply to link in everyones post to the poster you are replying to.

Look above^^^
Related resources
November 10, 2005 3:08:57 AM

It was intentionally done that way so that you can see the 'context' of the message. i.e. if you are looking at a post on page 4 and it is in reply to a post on page 1, when you click, you see the entire content of page 1, so you can follow the discussion down if you wish.

Assuming most people have high speed, this should not cause a problem since the first post gets shown anyways, and everything else if filling up under it.

Feedback. :?:
November 10, 2005 7:50:27 AM

Quote:
Assuming most people have high speed

No high speed for me, still stuck with 8M ADSL till May when my 24M connection goes live. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
November 10, 2005 8:52:28 AM

I feel for you man :cry: 

Grrrrr
November 10, 2005 10:48:07 AM

If I wanted to follow the discussion back, I'd then click the 'In reply to' link again and again until I've read all the way back through peoples replies.

I can see the merits of either way.

Any more feedback?
November 10, 2005 11:10:42 AM

Quote:
It was intentionally done that way so that you can see the 'context' of the message. i.e. if you are looking at a post on page 4 and it is in reply to a post on page 1, when you click, you see the entire content of page 1, so you can follow the discussion down if you wish.

I have very good broadband, so for me, it's a good feature ... I can see where it might be an issue for slower connections ... but I'm thinking connections will only get faster and very soon - so I would keep it. I, too, like to be able to retrace the entire thread in the pop-up ... :D 
November 10, 2005 12:27:28 PM

I've always liked the ability to see it all in other forums, so I like it in this one too. :D  I even liked it when I was on a 56K dialup. It's only text, so it's not like it's much bandwidth.
November 10, 2005 12:30:43 PM

Quote:
No high speed for me, still stuck with 8M ADSL till May when my 24M connection goes live. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
Bastage!

Seriously though ... what do you even do with that much bandwidth?
November 10, 2005 12:32:56 PM

I know what I'd be doing. 8)
November 10, 2005 12:50:24 PM

Re-arrange the following letters to guess the answer..... p r o n. :lol: 
November 10, 2005 1:02:05 PM

But 24M just for that? I mean how many different movies do you need running simul just to get off? :o 
November 10, 2005 1:26:44 PM

Variety is the spice of life, as they say. :wink:
November 11, 2005 2:31:33 AM

Quote:
But 24M just for that? I mean how many different movies do you need running simul just to get off? :o 

:oops: 

Billions and Billions

[/sagan]
!