Video Capture Device Recommendations

October 23, 2004 3:00:33 PM

I want to capture VHS videos and bring them to my Laptop to edit and
write to a DVD. I have a Dazzle DVC 80 device that I could never get
the audio to come across with the video. I want to upgrade to a
better device.

I have a P4 laprop with a DVD RW and USB 2.0 and S-Video output.
I am considering the following devices:

Plextor ConvertX Digital Video Converter (PX-M402U)

PLEXTOR USB2.0 Digital Video Converter, Model "ConvertX PX-AV100U"

Adaptec VideOh! DVD, Model "1980200"

Can anybody recommend one of these?

Thanks,
Paul
October 23, 2004 4:11:02 PM

you can buy one from adaptec ,just buy videoh pci 2010 from adaptec,the card
come with a full version of my dvd 5.2

"Paul" wrote:

> I want to capture VHS videos and bring them to my Laptop to edit and
> write to a DVD. I have a Dazzle DVC 80 device that I could never get
> the audio to come across with the video. I want to upgrade to a
> better device.
>
> I have a P4 laprop with a DVD RW and USB 2.0 and S-Video output.
> I am considering the following devices:
>
> Plextor ConvertX Digital Video Converter (PX-M402U)
>
> PLEXTOR USB2.0 Digital Video Converter, Model "ConvertX PX-AV100U"
>
> Adaptec VideOh! DVD, Model "1980200"
>
> Can anybody recommend one of these?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Anonymous
October 24, 2004 1:11:17 PM

Do you have firewire on the laptop, if so and you wnat a quality unit,
guaranteed to work then look at the advc range from canopus or miglia.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"Paul" <paulsgooglenew@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I want to capture VHS videos and bring them to my Laptop to edit and
> write to a DVD. I have a Dazzle DVC 80 device that I could never get
> the audio to come across with the video. I want to upgrade to a
> better device.
>
> I have a P4 laprop with a DVD RW and USB 2.0 and S-Video output.
> I am considering the following devices:
>
> Plextor ConvertX Digital Video Converter (PX-M402U)
>
> PLEXTOR USB2.0 Digital Video Converter, Model "ConvertX PX-AV100U"
>
> Adaptec VideOh! DVD, Model "1980200"
>
> Can anybody recommend one of these?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
November 6, 2004 10:57:12 AM

Thanks for the reply Graham, I do have firewire on my laptop.

I was hoping to find something a little cheaper. The Canopus 1394
Advanced Digital Video Converter, Model "ADVC100(770-10072-100)" goes
for $244 on Newegg.

Thanks,
Paul

!