ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

I have a Sony PCV-RS430G with a Raedon 9200 display adapter. I want to use
both of my LCD monitors (both have VGA inputs) in a dual display
configuration. When I look at that specs for the 9200, it says it has a DVI
connector that can be used to drive a vga monitor (with a DVI to VGA
adapter). After buying the adapter, I realized that I have a DVI-D
connector on the card that cannot drive an analog moniotr.

My question is, what do I need to do to have a dual monitor system? I don't
want to just "mirror" the image but have one large display.

In reading http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296538 it
makes it sound like both video adapters need to be one of those included on
the list, but I don't think that's true. What do I need to do in Windows XP
Home Edition to get dual displays working?

By the way, I pulled a S3 Trio 32/64 card out of an old machine, but XP
won't recognize it.

I only have a PCI slot available, so I need to fine a cheap PCI video card
that will allow me to set up dual displays.

Any suggestions???

Make sure it's an ati like the agp one and set the agp one as primary.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media