audio but no video in movie maker 2.o

I tried to import a TV show into windows movie maker 2.0 that was captured
using an ATI video capture device. The resulting mpeg file plays beautifully
on my laptop, a Toshiaba A45 pentium 4 with gobs of memory. All I want to do
is edit out commercials. I can import the file into moviemaker successfully,
but get only audio, no video in the viewing pane. I've set the program to
automatically look for codecs that might be missing, but no luck.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about audio video movie maker

    MM does not work well with mpegs, convert it to an avi file and them import
    it.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "FarscapeForever" <FarscapeForever@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:82F4FA4A-0847-42E3-8E39-F0E690913B15@microsoft.com...
    > I tried to import a TV show into windows movie maker 2.0 that was captured
    > using an ATI video capture device. The resulting mpeg file plays
    beautifully
    > on my laptop, a Toshiaba A45 pentium 4 with gobs of memory. All I want to
    do
    > is edit out commercials. I can import the file into moviemaker
    successfully,
    > but get only audio, no video in the viewing pane. I've set the program to
    > automatically look for codecs that might be missing, but no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks

Video Movie Maker Windows XP