george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Hi All,
I would like to format my win2k IBM 80gig hard drive, but I can't find my
windows
disk. I downloaded a boot disk (floopy), so pc boots up and then runs dos.
Then I try and run command format c: but with no success, it says invalid
format.com. If I run Fdisk, it can only delete the partition, without
actually formatting existing one - what do I do?
Cheers

peter

> Hi All,
> I would like to format my win2k IBM 80gig hard drive, but I can't find my
> windows
> disk. I downloaded a boot disk (floopy), so pc boots up and then runs dos.
> Then I try and run command format c: but with no success, it says invalid
> format.com. If I run Fdisk, it can only delete the partition, without
> actually formatting existing one - what do I do?
> Cheers

Boot off your Win2K CD.

george wrote:

> I would like to format my win2k IBM 80gig hard drive, but I can't find my
> windows
> disk. I downloaded a boot disk (floopy), so pc boots up and then runs dos.
> Then I try and run command format c: but with no success, it says invalid
> format.com. If I run Fdisk, it can only delete the partition, without
> actually formatting existing one - what do I do?

Well, since you want to toss the data anyway, why not toss the partition
using fdisk, then recreate it, then format.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

You use Disk Manager - My Computer - Manage.