What is faster?

toggenberg

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
I live in an area were my only choices for internet access are dial up or sattelite.I have tried 3 different dial up
Isp the best I can get is 28800.I love to play online games but am severely limited by these slow speeds. Would a sattelite connection be any better? All the ads i ve read boast some amazing speeds on upload and download.They all seem to be "buzzing" how much better there service is now that upload and download are both handled by sattelite connection.Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I dont know anyone with sattelite.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
sattelite is fast, but it has very high latency. at least it used to, maybe that has changed. the poor dial up connection is due to your line quality. if you really want, you could have a phone tech come out and run some tests.b

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

DanielR

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
depends where you live..

what area are you from?

Satellite internet is very new and most attempts at marketing it towards the home user have been unsuccessful. It is defintely MUCH faster then dial up as everything but dial up is faster than dial up. The price is worth the speed, but beware that weather and not having a direct line of sight with the provider will make things complicated.

Hope this helps. You can always try it out for a month and see for youself. If the company is doing what is should and is not busy, your speeds will top any cable and most dsl connections!

who ever has the most ram when they die wins!