Converting from windows 8 64-bit to windows 8 32-bit

polyson

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Hello,
I have windows 8 pro 64-bit currently installed on my ultrabook. I want my operating system to be converted to windows 8 pro 32-bit as I am having problems downloading applications with 64-bit system. I have the installation disks for both the 64- and 32-bit.Do I have to re-format my HD and start with a clean disk to do the conversion?

Yes, there is no direct migration path from 32 to 64 bit or vice versa. You will have to back up your data, wipe the drive out and do a fresh install.

I am curious about the problems you are having though. If you describe the problem in a bit more detail, perhaps we can help prevent you from doing a downgrade to 32 bit (FYI - I consider any migration from a 64 bit to a 32 bit OS to be a downgrade).

adam f

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Hi, one such issue I am facing is with my LENOVO C320 touch ALL in ONE. The installation went perfect but I am unable to use the touch screen function as there are no drivers available for the LENOVO touch on WIN8 64bit.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Regards,

Adam

jlbane

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
I'm also having 64 bit issues on an Acer Iconia Tab W500 (the G-Sensor doesn't work). If I wipe it and install 32 bit Win 8 do I just use the same key Microsoft sent me? Or do I have to buy Windows 8 again?