Sign in with
Your question

Converting from windows 8 64-bit to windows 8 32-bit

Last response: in Windows 8
November 12, 2012 5:32:38 AM

Hello,
I have windows 8 pro 64-bit currently installed on my ultrabook. I want my operating system to be converted to windows 8 pro 32-bit as I am having problems downloading applications with 64-bit system. I have the installation disks for both the 64- and 32-bit.Do I have to re-format my HD and start with a clean disk to do the conversion?
a b * Windows 8
November 12, 2012 5:38:18 AM

Yes, there is no direct migration path from 32 to 64 bit or vice versa. You will have to back up your data, wipe the drive out and do a fresh install.

I am curious about the problems you are having though. If you describe the problem in a bit more detail, perhaps we can help prevent you from doing a downgrade to 32 bit (FYI - I consider any migration from a 64 bit to a 32 bit OS to be a downgrade).
m
l
December 25, 2012 5:08:14 AM

The_Prophecy said:
Yes, there is no direct migration path from 32 to 64 bit or vice versa. You will have to back up your data, wipe the drive out and do a fresh install.

I am curious about the problems you are having though. If you describe the problem in a bit more detail, perhaps we can help prevent you from doing a downgrade to 32 bit (FYI - I consider any migration from a 64 bit to a 32 bit OS to be a downgrade).

Hi, one such issue I am facing is with my LENOVO C320 touch ALL in ONE. The installation went perfect but I am unable to use the touch screen function as there are no drivers available for the LENOVO touch on WIN8 64bit.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Regards,

Adam
m
l
February 24, 2013 7:35:39 AM

I'm also having 64 bit issues on an Acer Iconia Tab W500 (the G-Sensor doesn't work). If I wipe it and install 32 bit Win 8 do I just use the same key Microsoft sent me? Or do I have to buy Windows 8 again?
m
l
!