Sound levels

In HL you can set the "Sound effect", "MP3 Music" and "HEV suit"
volumes, but what sounds are actually controlled by what setting?

My problem is that voices (people talking, PA systems etc) are to low.
But to get them higher the other sound effects get higher too :-(

Is there a way to get only the voices higher?

BTW: The "HEV suit" volume. What does that control? And in BS and OF?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
> In HL you can set the "Sound effect", "MP3 Music" and "HEV suit"
> volumes, but what sounds are actually controlled by what setting?
>
> My problem is that voices (people talking, PA systems etc) are to low.
> But to get them higher the other sound effects get higher too :-(
>
> Is there a way to get only the voices higher?
>
> BTW: The "HEV suit" volume. What does that control? And in BS and OF?

"Sound effects" controls regular audio such as gunshots, footsteps,
people talking, that sort of thing.

"MP3 Music" controls the music that plays in the background at specific
moments. That's all it should be changing.

"HEV suit" controls the voice that comes from the suit you're wearing:

"Welcome... to the HEV... Mark... 4.... protective... system. For use...
in hazardous... environment... conditions."

"<BEEP> <BEEP> Major fracture detected. Morphine... administered."

That sort of thing.

GFree wrote:
> Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
>
>> In HL you can set the "Sound effect", "MP3 Music" and "HEV suit"
>> volumes, but what sounds are actually controlled by what setting?
>>
>> My problem is that voices (people talking, PA systems etc) are to low.
>> But to get them higher the other sound effects get higher too :-(
>>
>> Is there a way to get only the voices higher?
>>
>> BTW: The "HEV suit" volume. What does that control? And in BS and OF?
>>

> "Sound effects" controls regular audio such as gunshots, footsteps,
> people talking, that sort of thing.
>
> "MP3 Music" controls the music that plays in the background at specific
> moments. That's all it should be changing.
>
> "HEV suit" controls the voice that comes from the suit you're wearing:
>

> "Welcome... to the HEV... Mark... 4.... protective... system. For use...
> in hazardous... environment... conditions."
>
> "<BEEP> <BEEP> Major fracture detected. Morphine... administered."
>
> That sort of thing.

Heh. Didn't answer your primary question. :)

No. Voices are treated as regular sound effects. For me they sound fine.
There's no reason why they'd be treated any differently to the other
sound effects, so you can't raise their volume without affecting the
rest of the sound effects.