Jerky Video Files

October 31, 2004 12:06:29 AM

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:

> What software are you running in the background on your XP PC?
As little as possible. Just the usual stuff XP loads

> When was the last time you did a complete scan of you drive(s) with your
> antivirus software with updated signatures?
yesterday

> When was the last time you checked for Trojans and Spyware?
Yesterday

> When was the last time you ran Disk Cleanup and Disk Defrag?
Last week

More about : jerky video files

Anonymous
October 31, 2004 12:18:41 AM

Some of my video files like mpeg or avi files do run smoothly in any of
my video players in XP Pro. Yet they do play smoothly in my video
players in Win 98 SE. They also run well on my 400 mhz Toshiba Laptop.

I have a 2.5 gig AMD cpu with 512 megs ram. My video card is a Matrox
G450 dual head.

Anyone have any suggestions for rectifying this problem?
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 12:18:42 AM

www.coribright.com

"Hal(nospam)Murray" <hjmurray@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Some of my video files like mpeg or avi files do run smoothly in any of my
> video players in XP Pro. Yet they do play smoothly in my video players in
> Win 98 SE. They also run well on my 400 mhz Toshiba Laptop.
>
> I have a 2.5 gig AMD cpu with 512 megs ram. My video card is a Matrox G450
> dual head.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions for rectifying this problem?

May 24, 2005 2:02:08 PM

I also have this problem!

After a new install from XP home to Pro I have seen all my video files
suffer in this flickering type effect across the screen!

From previously being able to view my video files in full screen mode
it is now not possible and the resolution has got be kept minimum to
prevent as much flickering as possible.

All virus scans, spyware, defrag suggested has been done, but still no
change!

Please someone help me out there?!

--
grungething