WM Decoder help

I converted and edited some VHS tapes to DVD-R format for use in an academic
setting (classroom). I found that my Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD
because a compatible DVD decoder (for the WM Player) is not installed on the
computer. Can someone knowledgeable with this media advise me just what file
and where I must obtain to run these disks?....Thanks....DBG
1 answer Last reply
More about decoder help

    You need to install (or re-install) DVD decoding software such as WinDVD or
    PowerDVD from www.intervideo.com or www.gocyberlink.com
    www.coribright.com

    "CinciDave" <CinciDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I converted and edited some VHS tapes to DVD-R format for use in an
    >academic
    > setting (classroom). I found that my Windows Media Player cannot play the
    > DVD
    > because a compatible DVD decoder (for the WM Player) is not installed on
    > the
    > computer. Can someone knowledgeable with this media advise me just what
    > file
    > and where I must obtain to run these disks?....Thanks....DBG

Video Decoder Windows XP