ikke

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2004

Hello everybody,

I just purchased a Lacie ethernet disk 400 GB in size and I'm having some
trouble with it.

After setting up the device (and reading the manual) I tried to access a
share but was unable to.

The manual tells me to look in 'my network places', 'entire network',
'microsoft windows network', 'workgroup' and find the EDMini machine there.
The only problem with that is that the 'workgroup' is not available on any
of my machines. I always get the error 'not accessible' when I click on
'workgroup'.

To create a share, the manual suggests to create the share there - but
since I cannot access the EDMini disk, I cannot do anything!

Can anybody please tell me how to create a share on this disk? How do I
access it? Why am I not seeing this workgroup?

I've already configured the drive, added users and stuff, but I'm still
unable to access it.

Thanks in advance,

Ikke

ikke

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2004

Ikke <ikke@hier.be> wrote in

> Hello everybody,

D'oh! Please ignore my post, I hadn't yet introduced my firewall to my
newly bought disk :)

Ikke