WHY use SYSPREP ? ? ?

For over 5 years I have been building & Ghosting PC's for our network.
>From Windows 2000 to Windows XP PRO, and I have never used SYSPREP.
I know since NT came out I have to use a floppy with cloneing that has
the IDE drivers.
This is the only way you can clone from one PC's to another that are
not alike.
But I have never has to use a SYSPREP procedure to get my PC's to work
on the network.

So why is it needed?

Terry
PC/Network Technician
Dallas Texas
2 answers Last reply
More about sysprep

    <terry75115@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > For over 5 years I have been building & Ghosting PC's for our network.
    > From Windows 2000 to Windows XP PRO, and I have never used SYSPREP.
    > I know since NT came out I have to use a floppy with cloneing that has
    > the IDE drivers.
    > This is the only way you can clone from one PC's to another that are
    > not alike.
    > But I have never has to use a SYSPREP procedure to get my PC's to work
    > on the network.

    > So why is it needed?

    Its got some advantages with bulk cloning to a variety of different
    hardware, just a bit easier to get the clone up on a particular machine.

    The repair install is obviously easy enough to do but it isnt that fast.
    And that speed can matter if you are cloning enough at one time etc.

    Hello Terry

    Can you elaborate on how exactly do you copy one image to another computer.
    What do you mean by "From Windows 2000 to Windows XP PRO"?

    Thanks
    --
    Joe Rom King - DataMills LTD - www.datamills.com

    Hassle Free Incremental Disk Backup Software -- with Backup Generation
    Manager

    Relative Rev Backup (RRBT) can backup endless generations into disk, keeping
    backup history of months and even years. Minimizing user intervention,
    backup space and time by a factor of 20-100. Providing precise
    single-session data and system state recovery.

    For machines in Microsoft environment.
    <terry75115@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > For over 5 years I have been building & Ghosting PC's for our network.
    >>From Windows 2000 to Windows XP PRO, and I have never used SYSPREP.
    > I know since NT came out I have to use a floppy with cloneing that has
    > the IDE drivers.
    > This is the only way you can clone from one PC's to another that are
    > not alike.
    > But I have never has to use a SYSPREP procedure to get my PC's to work
    > on the network.
    >
    > So why is it needed?
    >
    > Terry
    > PC/Network Technician