Our benefactor - HL2 - Help Me

I am at the electronic field that I can not cross, until I get it to
collapse. When I played it in "Easy" difficulty, I seemed to overload it by
right clicking to get the charges and the sending the charge out with the
left click of the mouse. I remember doing that quite a bit until it
collapsed.

While playing it in "medium" difficulty, I keep shooting those things around
but the field stays intact.

Is there someplace special that I should aim them at? Maybe I was just
lucky the first time through! I just keep sending them back as fast as I
get them.

Fred Scharmann wrote:
> I am at the electronic field that I can not cross, until I get it to
> collapse. When I played it in "Easy" difficulty, I seemed to overload it by
> right clicking to get the charges and the sending the charge out with the
> left click of the mouse. I remember doing that quite a bit until it
> collapsed.
>
> While playing it in "medium" difficulty, I keep shooting those things around
> but the field stays intact.
>
> Is there someplace special that I should aim them at? Maybe I was just
> lucky the first time through! I just keep sending them back as fast as I
> get them.

Right click to get the "charge" (energy ball I'm presuming), then throw
it away at anywhere BUT from where you got the ball, otherwise you'll
just throw it back into the place where it powered the energy fields.

After fifteen minutes of doing that, the powerfield seems to be as strong as
ever.

Fred Scharmann wrote:

> Is there someplace special that I should aim them at? Maybe I was just
> lucky the first time through! I just keep sending them back as fast as I
> get them.

Hmm sending "back"?

The charges needs to be removed!
Use them to shoot at the baddies or soemthing

HTH

Fred Scharmann wrote:
> I am in an enclosed area. The passage I came through closed when I passed
> through and now I am surrounded by solid walls and the forcefield. I right
> click on the power thing with the balls moving up, and then I shoot them at
> the walls. They bounce all over and there are a lot of explosions, but the
> power source does not seem to get any weaker. The little power balls just
> keep on going up the three vanes of the power source.

Try shooting them through and beyond the forcefield.

I used bad wording. The energy balls are shot at the walls, not the power
source. I keep getting the powerballs from the energy source and shoot them
away from the power source.

There are no "baddies" in the area. I am contained in an area with three
walls and the powerfield.

Fred Scharmann wrote:
> After fifteen minutes of doing that, the powerfield seems to be as strong as
> ever.
>

> "GFree" <gfree678@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Fred Scharmann wrote:
>>
>>>I am at the electronic field that I can not cross, until I get it to
>>>collapse. When I played it in "Easy" difficulty, I seemed to overload
>
> it by
>
>>>right clicking to get the charges and the sending the charge out with
>
> the
>
>>>left click of the mouse. I remember doing that quite a bit until it
>>>collapsed.
>>>
>>>While playing it in "medium" difficulty, I keep shooting those things
>
> around
>
>>>but the field stays intact.
>>>
>>>Is there someplace special that I should aim them at? Maybe I was just
>>>lucky the first time through! I just keep sending them back as fast as

>>>get them.
>>
>>Right click to get the "charge" (energy ball I'm presuming), then throw
>>it away at anywhere BUT from where you got the ball, otherwise you'll
>>just throw it back into the place where it powered the energy fields.

Uhh. Presumably the instructions I'm trying to give are being
misunderstood; doesn't matter though, as it's kinda difficult to show
you how to fix your problem without actually being there. Besides, you
may be somewhere else I don't know about.

In short, if you really can't find a way to get past the energy fields,
type "sv_cheats 1" (no quotes) into the console, then "noclip". Pass
through the barrier then type "noclip" again to continue. Of course, if
there is nothing past the field, there's always a chance you're trying
to get past a field you're not supposed to!

I am in an enclosed area. The passage I came through closed when I passed
through and now I am surrounded by solid walls and the forcefield. I right
click on the power thing with the balls moving up, and then I shoot them at
the walls. They bounce all over and there are a lot of explosions, but the
power source does not seem to get any weaker. The little power balls just
keep on going up the three vanes of the power source.

shawk

Fred Scharmann wrote:
> I used bad wording. The energy balls are shot at the walls, not the power
> source. I keep getting the powerballs from the energy source and shoot them
> away from the power source.
>
> There are no "baddies" in the area. I am contained in an area with three
> walls and the powerfield.
>
> "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Fred Scharmann wrote:
>>
>>>Is there someplace special that I should aim them at? Maybe I was just
>>>lucky the first time through! I just keep sending them back as fast as

>>>get them.
>>
>>Hmm sending "back"?
>>
>>The charges needs to be removed!
>>Use them to shoot at the baddies or soemthing
>>
>>HTH

Is there anything through the powerfield that you can shoot the energy
balls at? I can't picture this part.

--
It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
taming in one go.

"Fred Scharmann" <spamspam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I am in an enclosed area. The passage I came through closed when I passed
> through and now I am surrounded by solid walls and the forcefield. I
> right
> click on the power thing with the balls moving up, and then I shoot them
> at
> the walls. They bounce all over and there are a lot of explosions, but
> the
> power source does not seem to get any weaker. The little power balls just
> keep on going up the three vanes of the power source.

When you are looking toward the three vanes of the power source, is there
another, smaller vane on the left wall, just past the force field? It would
have a top and bottom on it with 3 spheres moving up and down. If you are
where I think you are, pull these 3 out to let down the force field. I
actually got glitched here, and the field didn't come down even after I
pulled all the spheres out. I had to start over at an earlier save and it
worked correctly the 2nd time through.

The three balls were gone, so I loaded an older save and when I got there,
it worked this time. Thanks.

Fred Scharmann wrote:
> The little power balls just
> keep on going up the three vanes of the power source.

The three vanes? So, you're pulling energy balls from those things that
have an unlimited number of balls continually rising upwards? You'll
never be able to remove all of them; they're only there for you to grab
and throw at the enemy.

May I recommend you make a small screenshot of where you are and attach
it or host it so we can see exactly where you are?