canon powershot g5 or sony dsc-v1 or nikon coolpix 5700

Hi all

Planning on buying me a digital camera , has anyone had any first hand
experience with these models
and does anyone have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Jamie
1 answer Last reply
More about canon powershot sony nikon coolpix 5700

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:48:47 +0200, "Jamie" <smile@yebo.co.za> wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >Planning on buying me a digital camera , has anyone had any first hand
    >experience with these models
    >and does anyone have any other suggestions.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Jamie

    I have a G5 and I like it very much.
    I used a 5700 for about a month. It's a nice camera but I prefer the G5.
    To me it is easier to use, feels better in my hands, faster lens, I think
    the photos are sharper in the sizes I use. There's a lot of talk about
    chromatic abrasions under some conditions with the G5 but I've
    never experienced them....I probably don't take photos under the
    conditions for them to appear.
    I have no experience with the DSC-V1.
    Look at some of the sample photos on the review sites and compare.

    Jack Mac

Cameras Nikon Coolpix Canon Sony Peripherals