canon powershot g5 or sony dsc-v1 or nikon coolpix 5700

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

Hi all

Planning on buying me a digital camera , has anyone had any first hand
experience with these models
and does anyone have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Jamie

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:48:47 +0200, "Jamie" <smile@yebo.co.za> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Planning on buying me a digital camera , has anyone had any first hand
>experience with these models
>and does anyone have any other suggestions.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Jamie

I have a G5 and I like it very much.
I used a 5700 for about a month. It's a nice camera but I prefer the G5.
To me it is easier to use, feels better in my hands, faster lens, I think
the photos are sharper in the sizes I use. There's a lot of talk about
chromatic abrasions under some conditions with the G5 but I've
never experienced them....I probably don't take photos under the
conditions for them to appear.
I have no experience with the DSC-V1.
Look at some of the sample photos on the review sites and compare.

Jack Mac